How to make cannabis-infused cheese fondue
Fondue is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed with any number of foods, and it’s often a favorite at larger gatherings such as weddings or birthday parties. Most people know about fondue from the giant fountains that it’s so often served in on the big screen and at fancy parties, but you don’t need to have a high tech set up to enjoy the goodness in the comfort of your own home.
Though the most famous version is chocolate fondue, cheese fondue is just as fantastic, especially with an extra special kick from a cannabis-infused ingredient. This particular cheese fondue recipe offers the best of both worlds with a smooth, velvety texture and a salty flavor that goes great with fruit, vegetables, crackers, and so much more. It’s not just a snack, it can be a side dish, dessert, and finger food all rolled into one.
Cannabis-infused cheese fondue recipe
The great thing about this cheese fondue recipe is that you can make two batches easily with one infused and one without the potent cannabinoids. This will offer you, and anyone else who partakes, the option to “water down” the effects of the edibles, while occasionally going in for another hit of intensity. We highly recommend making both, especially for less experienced consumers.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 10
- 1 peeled and crushed clove of garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 250 grams swiss cheese
- 250 grams Emmental cheese
- 150 grams gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Pinch of nutmeg and pepper
- Cheese grater
- Fondue pot
- Large mixing bowl
- Large spoon
- Use the garlic clove to rub the inner edges of the fondue pot.
- Grate all the cheese into a large mixing bowl so that it’s ready to use.
- Add the flour to the cheese and ensure that they are thoroughly combined.
- Now pour both the kirsch and wine into the fondue pot.
- Heat the mixture over low heat until it begins to lightly bubble.
- Toss in the shredded cheese and flour combo and mix everything together.
- Make sure to continuously stir the cheese fondue to avoid scalding and sticking until the ingredients reach a thick, smooth, and creamy texture.
- Season the fondue according to preference with nutmeg and pepper and mix it all once more.
- Carefully place the fondue pot onto a fondue stand alongside fondue sticks for easy access.
Ideas to compliment cheese fondue
Though we lightly touched on some of the most basic options that you could try in our recipes introduction, here you will find a more complete list of just about everything that goes well with a thick layer of this cheese fondue.
- Meat slices
- Meat strips (chicken, pork, beef)
- Hot dogs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bread slices
- French fries
- Chicken nuggets or strips
How much is too much?
This question is difficult to answer, as it can be challenging to monitor the intake of an edible dish like fondue, but that’s where you strike gold with this recipe, as it includes only a small dose of cannabis. Microdosing is the best way to go about a sharable and impossible to measure intake of edibles. It offers just enough of a glow to have you and your guests feeling wonderful, but chances are pretty good that no one is going to get trashed from these edibles, which offer an added layer of protection when you are a host for this kind of gathering.
How many people will this cheese fondue recipe serve?
If everyone involved is looking for the most potent experience, then this recipe could be shared between as few as 4 people, but it’s a whole lot more fun when it’s shared among a larger crowd. It’s hard to measure cheese sauce like this because some people will drown their snack in it, while others will only take a small taste, but in general, this mix should be enough to cover anywhere from 20-30 complete dips of any of the suggested additions above. So, if you plan on hosting a party of more, or want to have extra on hand, then don’t forget to multiply the ingredients accordingly for a double batch.