This cannabis infused berry icebox cake recipe perfect for summer
Marijuana edibles can be a great way to enjoy the benefits of marijuana without the unhealthy side effects of smoking. The only trouble with cannabis-infused goods is that it can be difficult to stop at just one, but the results will likely be much stronger than other methods on consumption, so it is best to pace yourself. Whether you are brand new to cannabis recipes, or experienced and seeking a no-bake summer friendly option, this treat is easy to make, requires only the most basic ingredients, and can be prepared the night beforehand for guests making it the perfect choice for anyone wanting to enjoy homemade marijuana edibles for themselves. This cannabis infused dessert does require cannamilk as the base of infusion, but if all you have on hand is some bud, simply follow the recipe included below before starting on your icebox cake.
Cannabis infused milk recipe
Cannamilk is the base of some of the most delicious marijuana edibles recipes, so if you want to make a bunch to have on hand for when the mood strikes feel free. Once infused, cannamilk will last just as long as another other regular milk, as long as it stays refrigerated. The unique thing about this cannabis infused recipe is that the ingredients will change depending on how much milk you want, and how potent you would like your edibles to be. This particular one calls for an experienced consumers dose of THC, but beginners may only need a fraction of the cannabis to achieve the same effects. This one will work with any kind of milk, including popular milk alternatives like almond or soy-milk, the flavor will just be slightly different.
- ½ gallon of milk
- 21 grams of cannabis (more or less)
- 1 large saucepan
- 1 spoon
- 1 elastic
- 1 glass jar with lid
- 1 weed grinder
- Grind up the cannabis using a weed grinder or scissors.
- Add the milk to a saucepan and set the burner to medium heat.
- Pour in the cannabis into the milk, and slowly bring the temperature of the liquid to a simmer.
- Allow the cannabis to simmer in the milk for one full hour.
- After one hour, you can remove the saucepan from the burner, and prepare your jar for straining.
- Place a layer or two of cheesecloth over the opening of a glass jar and use an elastic to hold it in place.
- Very slowly, pour the cannamilk through the filter. This will remove all the excess plant materials that no longer contain the cannabinoids like THC, which can be disposed of.
- All the cannamilk to cool to room temperature, seal the jar with a lid, and place it into the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
Cannabis infused berry icebox cake recipe
This cannabis infused cake embodies all the flavors of summer in a refreshing sweet treat. If you don’t have the called for berries on hand, then almost any other type of fruit will work instead. If you want to take these marijuana edibles to another elevated level, then use cannabis infused whipped cream in place of cool whip or weed chocolate instead of regular store-bought chips.
- 2 ⅓ cups of graham crackers
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 2 packs of instant pudding (I prefer vanilla, but any flavor will work)
- 2 ½ cups of cold cannamilk
- 1 ½ cups of cool whip
- 3 cups of strawberries (sliced, diced, and cored)
- 1 ½ cups of blueberries
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips (any flavor)
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 large bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 baking pan (9x13)
- 1 silicone spatula
- 1 small microwave safe bowl
- 1 spoon (or icing applicator)
- Put the cream cheese and pudding powder into a large mixing bowl, and blend the ingredients using an electric hand mixer.
- Slowly add in the cannamilk using a whisk to mix it in.
- Put ½ cup of cool whip aside for later and add the rest to the bowl. Stir and fold it into the blend gently using a whisk.
- Use the ½ cup of cool whip to line the bottom of a 9x13 dish and spread it around evenly with a silicone spatula.
- Make one layer of whole graham crackers on top of the cool whip.
- Now it’s time for a layer of the pudding mixture, pour half of it over the crackers evenly, and top it off with the remainder of the graham crackers crushed and mixed with all the berries.
- Repeat the pudding and graham cracker layer, pudding, and berry layers once more, and place the cake to set in the fridge for 4-6 hours. Overnight is even better.
- Right before you are ready to serve your freshly made cannabis infused treat, use a small bowl to melt the chocolate chips in a microwave, and a spoon to drizzle the mixture over top of the cake.
- Slice the cake into twelve individual servings and enjoy.
Marijuana strains that are perfect for berry recipes
Though not everyone pays much attention to the types of weed they use when making cannabis infused edibles, the flavor of the bud will significantly influence the overall taste of the dish. If you would like to enhance the natural berry smells and tastes, then using a weed strain that produces berry flavored or smelling terpenes is the best way to go. To help get you started, here are ten perfect marijuana strains for berry dishes.
- Strawberry Cough
- Blue Dream
- Grape Ape
- Cherry Pie
- Blackberry Kush
- Sweet Tooth
- Romulan Grapefruit
- Grape God
- Black Cherry Soda
- Blueberry Headband