How to turn marijuana products into breathtaking nail art
Who knew that the weed plant could be so incredibly versatile? It turns out, the weed leaf makes a gorgeous accent when used as nail art, and many other cannabis goods can be utilized in this way. If you are looking to get away from the tacky, fluorescent, typical stoner designs, while steering towards more elegant pot leaf designs, then this is the place to be. Here, you will learn how to use marijuana seeds, kief, buds and the weed leaf to create every stoner chick’s fantasy nail art in reality.
The sparkling surface of the pot leaf and bud is covered in a bright and often colorful trichome layer that smells just like the strain used to make it. The best part about this idea is that it will emit a scent like a sweet bouquet of your favorite marijuana strains, and the scent will hang around as long as the polish does.
1. Start by using a thin base layer of polish, which can be any color that you prefer. It’s a good idea to do one nail at a time, as most brand dry quickly, which will impede on the kief’s ability to stick.
2. Sprinkle a thin layer of dry kief onto the nail and allow to harden.
3. Leave the top layer exposed for a stronger cannabis smell, or lock in the goodness with a final topcoat layer to seal the deal.
Cannabis buds can create a dirty look on nails if you aren’t using the right strains. Luckily, there are several different types of weed to choose from, and in this case, the more colorful, the better the results. The technique used with weed buds is similar to kief, but it takes a few final coats to keep everything stuck into place.
1. Use a weed plant grinder to pull apart the buds until they reach a thin and powdery consistency.
2. Apply a thin base layer, followed by a dusting of bud grind.
3. Wait a few minutes for the first coat to harden before applying a thick top layer over the bud grind.
4. Wait for the entire nail to set, which may take a few minutes depending on how thick the layer is. Once they are hard to the touch, you can take your chances as is, or add some strength with one additional clear polish layer for shine.
The weed leaf is truly a beautiful thing, and if you can get your hands on tiny intact cannabis leaves, the results can be spectacular as stoner nail air.
1. Begin with a thin base coat of any color that you wish.
2. Do one nail at a time, and immediately after the base is in place, the pot leaf can be placed in the center of the nail. It sometimes helps to gently press on the edges of the weed leaf with a q-tip to force it into place.
3. Once you are happy with the placement of the pot leaf, let it set before sealing your freshly completed masterpiece with a final clear coat.
Of all the marijuana products out there, this one takes the cake and is the most difficult to use as nail décor with success. You will probably need to invest in a good thick gel polish to keep these gems in place.
1. Use sandpaper to flatter one side of the marijuana seeds, one by one.
2. After applying a base coat of any color of polish, decorate the nail in any way that you like, by placing the marijuana seeds like gems. Do the entire nail or just add one or two in the center. It’s entirely up to you.
3. The final layer should always consist of a high-quality shiny gel polish, as it will last against the wear and tear as the marijuana seeds brush up against things.