Cannabis themed things to do for labor-day 2019
Canada is proudly only the second country to legalize the use of marijuana for medical and recreational purposes, which makes any long weekend able to be a cannabis-themed weekend for you to enjoy. Unfortunately, Labor Day in Canada is celebrated on the first Monday of September, so getting too out of hand isn’t an option for many.
Summer is drawing to the end, and what a spectacular one it has been, but as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. The question commonly asked around this time of the year is “When is labor day, 2019. The question is a clear indication that fall is approaching.
There are many Labor Day events to do on this last long weekend of the summer
Canada is proud to be looked upon as providing the venue for the largest Ribfest in Canada.
Circle these dates on your calendar and put a reminder on your phone for:
Friday, August 30, 2019
The lineup of amazing mouthwatering ribbers that will be looking to take home the coveted title of Ribfest Champion are from all over North America. They come prepared to win the title for The Best Ribs or perhaps The Best Sauce, whichever one it is, your palate gets to enjoy their presentations. This event is a family affair with many things to do, including an artisan fair, activities for the children, music for the ears and of course the best most mouthwatering delicious ribs. The event is a fundraiser that is proudly presented and organized by the Rotary Club of Burlington. Admission to Spencer Smith Park in Burlington is free.
Saturday, August 31, 2019
Head to Durham Ontario, to the Full Throttle Speedway where you can enjoy a tribute to ACDC. Make sure you take your ACDC cannabis strain to help keep you calm at the massive fireworks that promise to excite all ages.
Sunday, September 1, 2019
Tdotclub Booze Cruise Labour Day Weekend in Toronto. Get ready for a lot of adult time now as you prepare to embark on the Empress of Canada in Toronto. Prepare your easy to use discreet delicious edibles for your musical and dancing boat ride around the harbor. Boarding is at 9:30 and departs at 10;00. The four-hour ride around the lake and Toronto Islands will return to the dock at 2:00 am.
Choose your edibles carefully, remember the golden rule of low and slow. Practice what is preached, and if you listen, you will be guaranteed to have an enjoyable labor day experience while stoned.
Monday, September 2, 2019
This is the end of a fabulous long weekend. Why not chill at home with a delicious grilled chicken breast and a cannabis-infused bbq sauce on the side. Here is the recipe for the infused BBQ sauce.
Cannabis-infused barbeque sauce
- One small chopped onion
- Tablespoon of chopped fresh organic garlic
- 1/8 of a cup of your carefully stored vegetable cannabis oil
- Two teaspoonfuls of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of pimento pepper if you like your sauce hot
- ½ bottle of ketchup
- 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 of a cup of Frenches yellow mustard
- ½ a teaspoon full of liquid smoke
- Salt to taste
1. Add your infused oil to the saucepan and heat over medium heat
2. Add onion and cook until semi-soft about three minutes
3. Add ground organic garlic to the pot, stir in the pimento pepper if you want your sauce to have a hot kick and the black pepper
4. Add the ketchup to the pot along with the remaining other ingredients
5. Bring the pot to a gentle simmer stirring often. Cook uncovered for about twenty minutes. Remember to keep stirring the pot.
6. Remove your ingredients from the heat and allow to cool in a glass container. Refrigerate till ready to use. You can store your sauce in the fridge for up to four days before needed for the BBQ.
The end of the labor day events has come. Sit back, reminisce about the fabulous cannabis-themed labor day events you attended. The adult boat ride while being stoned from your delicious edibles may be the best time yet.