How to roll a tulip joint
If you want to roll a joint easy that will also impress, then this marijuana joint might be just what you have been searching for. It’s one of the more basic rolls that result in an elegant shape that is perfect for that special someone, or just to put on a show for your friends. This easy to follow step by step guide will show you how to roll a good joint that takes little to no effort, and minimal skill. If you can successfully complete a primary roll, you should have no problem learning and perfecting on this one in no time.
What is a tulip joint?
A tulip joint is a type of marijuana joint that strongly resembles a tulip once it is complete. This roll is wildly popular amongst Europeans and is believed to have originated from that area as well. The tulip marijuana joint is a formal looking work or art, that can take a bit of practice to figure out but is well worth it in the end.
How to roll a tulip joint
No two tulips joints will ever look quite the same, and once you master the skill of forming flower petals, you can take this design and enhance it with your very own twist. Though this guide does call for a ready to pack cone roll, you can make your cone joint with whatever papers you have on hand, and it will work almost as well. It just takes a bit longer, and a slightly more skilled hand to do so.
You will need
- 1 weed grinder
- 2-3 grams of cannabis
- 1 cone paper
- 1 dab tool (or joint packing tool)
- hemp wick
- 2 king-sized marijuana rolling papers
- Use a weed grinder to ground up your herb and remove any stems or seeds for a more even burn, and to lessen your chances of experiencing a tear.
- Fill the cone paper with marijuana grind, and do not close off the end like you usually would.
- Lick the glue strip on one of the king-sized papers and attach it to the unglued end of a second paper to form a rectangle.
- Pull the one glued paper edge and fold it down to create creases in the shape of a square.
- Now stick the side of the glue strip to the backside of the opposite edge that it meets. This will form a large cone shape that will act as the base of your tulip.
- Once the cone is full, you can press the stem of the pre-shaped cone joint into the bottom of the flower.
- Once it can’t be fed through anymore, you can pull the loose edges of the paper around the base of the cone and stem, by packing it into the palm of your hand.
- Use glue strips or hemp wicks to attach the flower base to the joint marijuana stem.
- Fold the loose tail portion of the rolling paper upwards to form the bottom flower pedal, and your masterpiece should be complete.
How to smoke a tulip joint
Light the thin tip of the tulip bud, and smoke it until it reaches the base of the stem. At this point, you can keep on burning it as usual, or unwrap the remaining help wick to avoid any floating hot coals from falling as you enjoy your hard work.
Tips and tricks for rolling the perfect tulip joint
Most people use standard sized marijuana rolling papers when they try to create these more complex joints. Though it is certainly possible to do so, softer papers that are made with either rice or hemp are much easier to shape and work with. Slightly more extensive options like those made by RAW will allow you to replicate this masterpiece on a bigger and more impressive scale.
These DIY instructions call for glue strips that have been removed from rolling papers, and they can work, but the easiest way to roll the perfect joint is to buy joint glue which can be spread over any tiny pinhole openings to seal them without ten layers of paper with glue that are stacked on top of one another which can seriously impact the flavor.
Do not overpack the joints, or you will face a much higher chance of them ripping open, which would mean starting all over again. A firm but loosely packed cannabis joint is always more malleable.
If you don’t get it right the first time, don’t be afraid to try again. Practice makes perfect!
Get creative by using different types of papers, strains, marijuana concentrates, and anything else you can think of to truly personalize the experience.
Flower scented marijuana strains
If you want to take this experience with a tulip joint and make it into something truly unforgettable, then consider using bud from cannabis strains that produce terpenes that are flowery in both smell and taste. Here are just a few flowers scented marijuana strains that would be perfect for this DIY project.
- Blue Dream
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Green Crack
- OG Kush
- Granddaddy Purple
- White Widow
- Purple Kush
- Bubba Kush
- Lemon Haze
- Cherry Pie