How to roll a joint with Zig Zag
So, you already know how to smoke a joint, and you have enjoyed the benefits that smoking weed has done for you. Problem is you need to learn how to roll a Zig Zag joint.
To roll a great joint, you need a few important items.
Choosing a strain that fits perfectly for the occasion. A Sativa dominant strain is great for daytime use, perhaps Super Lemon Haze.
The Rolling Paper
Zig Zag this is the original standard size rolling paper, developed in France. These 1/1/4 size papers hold about ¼ more product than the single width, which is also available for the consumer who enjoys smoking weed with a type of paper.
This is an important item for perfecting evenly cut up bud. Try to pick a two-chamber grinder.
This is not necessary, but an option that some people like; premade or custom cut.
Now that you have everything assembled let’s start to roll a Zig Zag joint.
• Choose the strain that you want to experience the effects of and place it in a grinder. Preferably you have a two-chamber quality grinder. Do not over-grind the bud: too fine and it will present with a powdery harsh taste, not ground enough, and it will be hard to burn.
• Choose what size zig zag paper that you will need, the 11/4 zigzag is known as the orange zig zag and measures about 78mm wide x 44mm tall, the single-wide which became known as the white zigzag rolling paper measures about 70mm wide x 36mm tall.
• Filter: this is an optional part of rolling a joint. A filter is not necessary, but useful in helping to ensure that your lips are not burnt and that the weed is not wasted. This could be a pre-made filter, or a DIY, from a stiff paper product perhaps, a business card.
• Tray: flat surface needed for assembling your joint.
Let’s get started:
Proceed with getting your tray ready. Place the grounded weed on your tray. Have your papers, and if necessary, the filter also ready.
Place paper with the glue side facing up on the tray
Evenly sprinkle your herb across the natural crease of the paper. Make sure that the side of the paper with the glue on is facing you. If you are choosing to use a filter, this is the time to insert it at one end of the paper. The best advice is to hold onto the filter with your thumb while you are sprinkling the herb across the rest of the paper.
Fold the paper to cover the cannabis, carefully lift the paper, make sure your thumbs are on top of the paper and start the rotation with a down-ward motion and the forefingers are sliding up and down the paper from behind, and slowly forming a cigarette shape. This is the making of your joint.
You may like to twist the end that has no filter to ensure that no weed will fall out. Hold your joint with the filter end and make sure your joint is evenly packed. You can do this by holding the end of the joint while tapping the filter end on your tray; this will pack down the joint. Now you can pinch the end together.
Smoking weed is one of the early methods of utilizing the cannabis plant, learning how to smoke a joint has several conditions or etiquette other than just inhaling the herb, that should be followed:
- Rollers rights, who-ever rolls start the journey
- Puff, puff, and pass just as stated
- Joint passed to the left is a Rastafarian tradition that some circles still follow today
- Saliva is not to be left on the joint, keep it dry
- Respect the space you are partaking