Grinder cards: What they are, and how to use one
Most cannabis enthusiasts know that a weed grinder is a necessity when it comes to using pot. It doesn’t matter how you like to partake; the ability to bust apart herb quickly and efficiently can help to enhance the overall experience. With edibles, a finer grind means less texture change, especially if you are adding it right to the recipe without straining, and with smoking, it can help to make everything burn better.
Now, if you have a history with marijuana use, then you would likely recognize a more traditional manual hand grinder, or even an electric version, but some of the most experienced enthusiasts still haven’t heard of or used grinder cards. Here, you will find everything that you need to know about these handy little weed accessories including what they are, the difference between the types of herb grinders, the benefits of these tools, the drawbacks, and step by step instructions on how to use a grinder card on cannabis buds.
What is a cannabis grinder card?
A grinder card is a tool that can be used to grind marijuana plant materials like buds or leaf, which can help to prepare it for smoking, baking, and other methods of extraction. They can also be helpful when dealing with kief, for scraping screens, cleaning hash presses, and dividing bud grind to create the perfectly even marijuana rolls.
The difference between a grinder card and other manual herb grinders
The most significant difference between a card and a more traditional weed grinder is that cards are chamberless, and do not hold marijuana products for you, but there are many other unique features of each one that is important to note before deciding which one might work best for the job. More traditional styles are bulky, heavy, and contain working parts that may or may not influence how you feel about using one or taking them while on the go. Weed grinder cards solve a lot of the issues that consumers complain about in the bloated types while creating some unfortunate sacrifices along the way.
The benefits of using a grinder card
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Does not require batteries or power to run
- Many different versions and grind sizes to choose from
- Includes tactful designs that are easy to discreetly display on a chain or necklace
The downside of grinder cards
- No kief catch
- No storage
- Exposed fingertips to risk
- Exposed edges may be hazardous to pockets and/ or hands
How to use a weed grinder card
If you already have one of these bad boys, then you probably want a little direction on how to use it. If you look closely, the herb grinder comes equipped with sharp and jagged divots that are similar to a cheese grater. That is because this design was inspired by and works in the exact same way as the one you have in your kitchen drawer.
You will need:
- 1 grinder card
- 1 cannabis bud
1. The first thing to do when you get a weed grinder card is to thoroughly inspect all of its surfaces for sharp or serrated edges that might harmful through touch. The last thing anyone wants is to bleed all over their bud grind, so look for anything that could potentially be dangerous before applying too much pressure to the tool with your hands.
2. Check to see what sizes are offered on your brand-new weed grinder. Some will offer up to 4 different sizes of grind, and the one you use should depend on what you want to do with it. In cases where straining is necessary like making edibles, bulkier pieces are ideal, but if you are smoking the buds, or adding them whole into a recipe, then the finest one available is almost always the best choice.
3. Pick up the card herb grinder in your least dominant hand and grab the bud with the other, making sure to have a firm grip on both pieces before proceeding.
4. Gently scrape the marijuana bud up and down or side to side across the grater card. The direction will depend on how your tool is made. So, if it isn’t grinding your buds to pieces, then you may need to reinspect and try from a different direction.
5. Continue with this motion until the bud is thoroughly ground and be sure to watch your fingertips. Just like with cheese graters, these things can hurt, if you aren’t careful and can scrape soft exposed skin against its blades.
6. You should now have the perfect blend thanks to a simple herb grinder that is ready to be made into all of your favorite marijuana products.