Mashed potato marijuana edibles recipes
Are you one of those people who just can't get enough of a hearty helping of potatoes? Though they aren't necessarily the healthiest food choice, potatoes are comfort food that has been used and loved by millions of people around the world. Potatoes are cheap, easy to grow, super simple to prepare and provide a warm, full feeling that lasts. Now if you throw a bit of herb into the mix, you can get all those same benefits along with pain relief, relaxation, and other therapeutic benefits of cannabinoids without having to smoke it.
These mashed potato-based cannabis recipes can be thrown together with minimal time and are perfect for both new and experienced chefs alike. Just remember, the dosage is an estimated amount of THC, and those who have little to no experience with marijuana edibles may want to cut the dose down a bit to start.
Cannabis infused mashed potatoes recipe
If you are just learning how to make marijuana edibles, then this is an excellent starter recipe. If you want to enjoy some of the fluffiest, and most euphoric mashed potatoes possible, then this is the recipe for you. If you are vegan, have other food allergies, or don't want to use multiple infused ingredients, then feel free to use substitutes wherever possible, as it should not change the texture of the dish as long as the measured amounts of dry versus liquid ingredients remain the same.
You will need:
- 6 medium-sized potatoes
- 5 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of cannamilk
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 pot
- 1 potato masher (or electric hand mixer)
- 1 potato peeler
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 strainer
- Thoroughly wash all the potatoes under cool water.
- Use a potato peeler to remove all the skin and pits from the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters using a sharp knife,
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water.
- Bring the pot with potatoes to a boil, and let them cook for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Strain the liquid from the potatoes and turn off the burner.
- Add the egg to the potatoes, and mash them until it is thoroughly mixed in.
- Now finish the dish by adding the salt, cannamilk, and cannabutter and creaming them together with either a masher or an electric hand mixer.
- This recipe makes six individual servings.
Cannabis infused Shepherd's pie recipe
Shepherd's pie is another delicious comfort food with a potato base that works perfectly with the cannabis-infused mashed potatoes above. Don't like beef? No problem! You can try chicken, beef, lamb, pork, or go completely meat free and use carrots as a replacement for meat.
You will need:
- 1 doubled batch of cannabis-infused mashed potatoes recipe found above
- 1 pound of ground beef (thawed)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup of chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup of corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons of cannabis-infused canola oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 frying pan and lid
- 1 spatula
- 1 large spoon
- 1 knife
- 1 baking dish (9x9 or 7x11)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your fresh ingredients by dicing and peeling everything. The most massive pieces should be the carrots and onions at approximately ½ inch each, and the rest should be minced or very thinly sliced.
- Add the cannabis infused oil to the pan and set the burner to high heat.
- Dump the minced onions and carrots into the oil and sauté them until they begin to change color which may take anywhere from 3-5 minutes.
- Now you can add the ground beef and garlic to the frying pan and mix the ingredients well.
- Cook the contents of the pan until the ground beef is a nice brown color.
- Once the meat is cooked, you can pour in the broth, salt, pepper, and flour into the pan, and allow the ingredients to simmer while covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove the frying pan from the burner and get out the baking pan because it's time to start layering your ingredients.
- Place the corn in the bottom of the baking dish, and evenly spread it around so that it covers the entire base.
- Next will be the layer of meat and sauce, followed by the finishing touch of the cannabis infused mashed potatoes. Be sure to cover the whole top, as a seal is necessary to avoid leakage.
- Bake the entire thing in an oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Enjoy after a 15-minute cooling period to avoid scalding.
Cannabis infused cheesy baked potatoes recipe
These cannabis recipes ingredients are listed on a per potato basis. Since they are each prepared separately, this makes it easy to recreate it in whatever numbers are needed for your meal. If you are bored with the old-fashioned toppings like bacon and chives, try beef, gravy, and any other options for a different sort of treat.
You will need: (per person)
- 1 potato
- 2-3 bacon slices
- 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cannabutter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 knife
- 1 frying pan
- 1 spatula
- aluminum foil
- Begin by thoroughly washing all the potatoes under cool water and preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut sections of aluminum foil for each potato you are about to prepare. They must be large enough to completely envelop the entire thing.
- Cut each potato in half, and then place it onto the foil piece.
- Use a sharp knife the create small sliced into the middle of each potato half. This helps to speed up the cooking process, so you don't end up with half cooked potatoes.
- Add one tablespoon of butter to each one, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap up each of the potatoes separately in foil and bake them in the oven for 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are baking, place the bacon in a frying pan, and cook it until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the grease and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- After one hour, the potatoes can be removed and opened enough to add the chives, cheese, and bacon which can be set in whole or crumbled up into bits.
- Serve immediately, and for an extra unique treat top with cannabis-infused sour cream for a potent side dish.