How to make cannabis lasagna
Let’s look at how we are going to infuse the ingredients necessary for this delicious lasagna. For cannabis to perform its duty, we will need to decarboxylate our cannabis. The buds need to be heated gently before we can use it in our recipes. We need to pair our weed with what we are cooking to for the best tasting decarboxylated weed needed for our recipes. If this lasagna is for a party, I suggest you choose an upbeat sativa strain.
How to decarboxylate your weed
• Two ounces of your preferred bud
• Eight sticks of unsalted butter
• Spring water
• Large pan
• Large elastic band
• Glass container
- To a large pan of boiling water, add eight sticks of salt free butter.
- Take your cheesecloth and make a bag containing your blended bud, secure the bag with a large thick elastic band.
- You are now ready to place this weed bag into the butter and water mixture. Make sure that you lower the temperature from boiling to simmer. Keep the pot on simmer for 2 or 3 hours.
- Let the mixture cool, now when cool enough for you to handle, squeeze the cannabis bag into the large pan containing the water/butter mixture, discard the bag.
- The mixture that is in the bowl is now placed in the fridge to cool and separate.
- The canna-butter will form in the bowl and the by-product, the water, will be disposed of. You now have your canna-butter, necessary for using in your lasagna dish.
Now that we have completed the basis for our lasagna, we can move on to assembling and cooking our dish.
• 13 by 9-inch glass dish
• Wooden spatula
• 1lb of lean organic chicken
• 3 tablespoons of cannabis infused virgin light tasting olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves finely chopped or crushed
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 15 oz of stewed tomatoes
• 8 oz of tomato paste
• 8 oz of lasagna noodles (pre-cooked)
• 2 large free-range eggs
• 3/4 cups of cottage cheese
• 3/4 cups of ricotta cheese
• 1 cup of parmesan cheese grated
• 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
• 8 oz old cheddar cheese
• 3 teaspoonfuls of fresh parsley
• 3 teaspoonfuls of salt
• 1 teaspoonful of freshly ground white pepper
Instructions for assembling the cannabis infused lasagna
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Our glass pan needs to be lightly greased with a healthy organic non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a heavy cast iron pan on the stove with the setting of the element at medium heat.
- Add your onions, garlic, and parsley, add your pepper and salt. Stir till ingredients are combined.
- Now add your ground lean organic chicken, continue to stir and make sure the chicken is broken up and cooking evenly. Continue cooking until the meat is browned.
- Add your tomatoes
- Allow simmering for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove from the heat
We will now move onto preparing our cheese mix.
• Glass bowl
• Wooden spoon
- To the large bowl, add your organic free-range eggs and cheeses, remember to hold back about ½ cup of parmesan cheese for the top of your dish along with a quarter of the mozzarella and old cheddar cheese.
- Add your pepper and salt with your parsley and stir the mixture till combined.
You are now ready to assemble your cannabis infused lasagna.
- Begin by spreading a thin layer of the tomato mix on the bottom of your greased pan.
- Place your lasagna noodles on top of the tomato and spice mixture.
- Now spread your cheese mixture over the noodles. Repeat this procedure until you have filled your dish.
- Your mozzarella cheese and the old cheddar cheese are placed on top of the last layer.
- Finish your dish with the last layer being covered in the parmesan cheese you have left, about ¼ of a cup.
- We are now ready to bake your dish in the pre-heated oven, for 40 minutes.
- The cheese will be melted, and the sauce will bubble around the edges of your dish.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven, allow to cool for about ten minutes.
- Now you can cut your cannabis infused lasagna into servings.
To determine the potency of your canna-butter convert the amount of ground marijuana into milligrams and divide it by the servings of the recipe. This will give you a per-serving dose.
As with all cannabis edibles, go slow, and you will be rewarded with delicious tasting cannabis infused recipes. Cannabis edibles are a delicious way of enjoying cannabis without smoking or vaping.