Homemade THC bath bombs and cannabis bath salts recipes
Cannabis bath bombs are a fun way to relax and soak up some of the many benefits from marijuana oils which will include either CBD or THC and sometimes even both. THC bath bombs are often used as a topical treatment for pain while those with higher CBD content are used for their anti-inflammatory properties to help relieve pain and stiff joints right at the source. Ever wondered how to make cannabis bath salts? If so then you’re in the right place, read on and follow these steps to make your own in no time!
Marijuana bath bombs recipe
This recipe can be used to make both THC bath bombs or CBD bath bombs, and that adjustment is made in the oil you choose to use as a base. Once you are finished, you should have two large bath bombs to enjoy. Play with different scents and fragrances to find the ones that relax you the most. This will add an aromatic effect which can be beneficial for both the mind and body.
- 8 ounces of baking soda
- 4 ounces of Epsom salts
- 2 ounces of cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons of water
- 4 ounces of citric acid
- 2 teaspoons of skin safe fragrance oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of infused tincture or oil (whatever strength of either CBD or THC that you prefer)
- 4 drops of food coloring
- 2 round molds
- 1 large mixing bowl per color
- 1 plastic mixing spoon per color
- Pour all your dry ingredients into one large mixing bowl and mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Now you will want to either separate the mixture in two halves if you are making two different colored marijuana bath bombs. Skip this step if you are wanting both of your THC bath bombs the same color.
- Add all the wet ingredients except for the food coloring and mix it well. If you are making two separate colors, each ingredient will need to be split in half before being added.
- The best way to color bath bombs is by dropping one or two drops of food coloring for each marijuana bath bomb you are making. This should be done immediately before pressing the mixture into molds for the brightest effect.
- Once the color has been added to the base and mixed in you should be able to squeeze the clump into a circular shape with your hands. Do that and then squish it into a bath bomb mold.
- Put the filled bath bomb molds in a safe space to set and dry. This should take approximately 30 minutes, but for bombs that are easy to remove with the least risk for damage, it is recommended to wait 3-4 hours for some of the moisture to leave it which makes it harder and shrink a bit making it easier to remove.
- Enjoy your freshly made cannabis bath bombs. Simply drop one into the tub right before you get in and soak up the all-natural goodness.
Cannabis bath salt recipe
Athletes often use bath salts after an intense workout to soothe torn and swollen muscles. These infused cannabis bath salts work in the same way only have additional benefits depending on the cannabinoid content that is added. The first thing you need to do before learning how to make cannabis bath salts is head to your nearest department store for a few items you will need.
Time to Make: 10 minutes
Makes: Enough cannabis bath salt for two baths.
- 2 cups of Epsom salts
- 1 teaspoon of cannabis oil (THC or CBD or Full Spectrum)
- 20 drops of skin safe fragrance oils
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 plastic spatula
- sealable containers to store the infused bath salts
How to make cannabis bath salts
- Pour the Epsom salts into a large mixing bowl.
- Evenly sprinkle the cannabis oil and fragrance oils over the Epsom salt.
- Blend well.
- Enjoy by adding half to one hot steaming bath. Soak for 30-30 minutes to see the best results.