DIY - How to make a rainbow blunt
If you enjoy smoking marijuana using joints, weed pipes, or blunts than the rainbow blunt is just one way to take the experience to a whole new level. The old reliable, quick rolls are perfect for cutting down on prep time, but they lack a range of flavors and are typically restricted to just one cannabis strains terpene profile. Rainbow blunts remove those boundaries and provide a large window to experiment within while keeping the roll itself relatively simple. If this sounds like something, you might want to try; then this rainbow blunt guide might be just the thing you’ve been searching for. Here you will learn what a rainbow blunt is, how to roll one, and some of the many benefits that this type of marijuana blunt can produce.
What is a rainbow blunt?
A rainbow blunt is a slang term that can have several different definitions, so it’s important to note which one is being referred to here. Some people use the term to describe a joint or blunt that has been rolled with colorful marijuana rolling paper. Others use it to reference a joint or blunt that has been dipped in LSD to absorb the hallucinogenic element through the lips. Neither of these is the subjects for today.
Here we are talking about a 100% cannabis roll that is made of no less than eight different types of marijuana products. Seven weed strains are chosen to represent the seven colors that are found in a rainbow, and the rolling material itself represents the legendary pot of gold that is said to be hidden at the bottom of the rainbow.
How to roll a rainbow blunt
If you aren’t sure where to begin when choosing strains for your rainbow blunt than check out our handy list of strain group ideas for a bit of inspiration. There is no right or wrong marijuana strains; experience with pairing will come with time.
You will need
- 0.5 grams of marijuana concentrate
- 2 gram of cannabis (7 different strains)
- 1 blunt wrap (or a cigar that has been emptied
- 1 filter
- 1 weed grinder
- 1 dab tool (or pin to spread the marijuana concentrate if needed)
- To begin, you will need to select a small bud from seven different types of cannabis strains.
- Once you have chosen your herb, it needs to be ground down fine using a weed grinder.
- Remove any stems or seeds from the bud grind and set it aside for now.
- Now you will need to prepare the blunt wrap. If you are using a cigar it much be empty and should be sliced open in a line lengthways so that it’s easy to reattach.
- Once you have a ready to go blunt wrap, it’s time to add a small amount of marijuana concentrates. This can be done with a pin or dabbing tool in cases of liquid cannabis products, and thicker options like wax, shatter, budder, etc. can be added by either evenly sprinkling small pieces onto the herb grind once it’s been added, or by forming it into a tube that lines the bottom of the blunt wrap.
- Add the filter and then the dry herb to the wrap and try to spread it evenly if you want a straight roll. If a cone style blunt is the goal, then one end should be wider than the other.
- Use your thumbs and forefingers to pack the herb into shape.
- Once you are satisfied with the roll, you can lick the edges of the blunt wrap and stick it into place.
Ideas to use when experimenting with rainbow blunts
If you are looking for unique ways to dress up this type of blunt roll, here are a few neat ideas to help get you started.
- Use rainbow colored rolling papers to add a bright and colorful effect.
- Use transparent marijuana rolling papers and fill it with aesthetically pleasing cannabis.
- Add more than one type of marijuana concentrate to increase flavor and potency.
- Add terpene juice to enhance both the flavor and aroma.
Benefits of smoking weed in a rainbow blunt
- The combination of seven different cannabis strains results in a flavor and smell that is not possible any other way.
- Rolling a rainbow joint can be a lot of fun for both you and your friends.
- These blunt rolls require marijuana concentrates that increase the potency to your desired level.
- Garner the benefits and effects of seven different cannabis strains at one time.
- A rainbow blunt that has been rolled with a real tobacco leaf paper can enhance the felt effects, and compliment the flavor of the cannabis, especially for cigarette smokers.
How to choose marijuana strains for a rainbow blunt
There are a few different reasons to choose certain strains for this project, but at the end, which types would be ideal will depend on a few different things. Below are just a couple of different things you might want to consider when choosing marijuana strains for your rainbow blunt.
The flavor of each cannabis strain that you add will influence the overall taste of the roll. If you are looking for an enhanced experience from this angle than it’s a good idea to look at strains with a taste you already enjoy. At the same time, you will need to consider which flavors will pair well with the others chosen. For example, if you like fruity weed strains than a combination of those are going to amplify that effect.
For some people, the smell of freshly burned cannabis is what they enjoy, and for them, the scent provided by each marijuana strain might be a good starting point.
Every kind of weed will produce very different types of effects. Some are more uplifting, while others will induce a couch locked feeling. You can choose a combination to either intensify one specific kind of sensation, or you can use a smooth mixture that might allow you to enjoy the flavor of your favorite potent strain with the uplifting effects of another.
Though this is typically one of the least important aspects, some people are creating these rolls for dramatic effect or entertainment for guests. In this case, some of the most beautiful rainbow blunts are filled with a cannabis strain that truly is one of the colors of a rainbow.
Flavorful and smelly weed strains
There are thousands of different types of cannabis, and each one is entirely different from the next. One of the most attractive traits that marijuana enthusiast seek is smelly and flavorful marijuana strains that resemble some other aroma they are fond of. There is no way to list every category that you could come up with to select strains from, but to help you get started here are five of the most preferred groups and most famous strains to give you a few new ideas, to begin with.
Berry marijuana strains: Grape Ape, Blackberry Kush, Strawberry Cough, Berry White, Blueberry Kush, Blackberry, Strawberry Dream, Sweet Tooth, Purple Trainwreck, Shishkaberry, Blueberry Haze, Strawberry Diesel, Blue Haze, Sour Grape, Cherry Bomb, Strawberry, Huckleberry, Grape Kush, Berry Bomb, Raspberry Cough, Blueberry Yum Yum, Cherry OG and Strawberry Haze.
Citrus marijuana strains: Pineapple Express, Lemon Haze, Lemon Kush, Tangie, Tangerine Dream, Orange Kush, Sour OG, Pineapple Kush, Lemon Diesel, Grapefruit, Orange Crush, Mango, Golden Pineapple, Lemon OG Kush, Sour Tangie, California Orange, Orange Bud, Orange Cookies, Tangerine Kush, Mango Haze, Sour Apple, Lemon Drop, Clementine, Cannalope Kush and Tangilope.
Skunk marijuana strains: Cherry Skunk, Amnesia, Super Skunk, Great White Shark, Death Star, Violator Kush, Quantum Kush, Chemdawg 91, Master Yoda, Back Tuna, Confidential Cheese, Columbian Gold, Super Green Crack, Shiva Skunk, Sweet Cheese, Purple Skunk, Black Diesel, White Romulan, Pink Bubba, Afghan Skunk, Northern Skunk, Hawaiian Skunk, White Cheese and Sweet Dreams.
Dessert marijuana strains: Cherry Pie, Blueberry Cheesecake, Phantom Cookies, Strawberry Cheesecake, Blueberry Muffin, Black Cherry cheesecake, Sherbert, Key Lime Pie, Girl Scout Cookies, Chocolope, Dutch Treat, Candyland, Bubble Gum, Animal Cookies, Cotton Candy Kush, Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, Gelato, Juicy Fruit, Sweet Tooth, Kandy Kush, Cookies and Cream and Vanilla Kush.
Flower marijuana strains: Sugar Black Rose, White Lavender, Ice Queen, Cloud 9, Red Dwarf, Black Velvet, Hibiscus Sunrise, Purple Ice, Lavender Haze, Amethyst Bud, Rose Bud, Sour Dubble, Jasmine, Rene Mist, Big Smooth, Lavender, King’s Kush, Purple Dragon, Lemon Larry Lavender, Secret Garden OG, Haoma, Capleton, Milky Way, Melon Gum, Green Goddess, Ambrosia and X-Files.