CBD Chocolate Fudge recipe - Paleo diet compatible
Chocolate edibles are one of the most popular flavors of cannabis-infused products on the market. There is something about a creamy sweet dessert that can also deliver health benefits that gets people excited. We tend to indulge in desserts with absolute certainty that they aren't much good for our overall health. With CBD chocolate, you can have your cake and eat it too so to speak as this delicious treat will deliver a highly effective dose of CBD in each serving. The most important thing to remember if you are strictly seeking the health benefits of CBD without the psychoactive effects of THC which is also found in cannabis then your safest option will be to make your own CBD oil edibles using a pure, tested CBD oil without THC as a base for the infusion. If you just want a plain CBD chocolate, then you can skip over the mint extract when mixing your ingredients.
- 10 drops of mint extract
- ⅛ of a teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of CBD oil
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter
- ½ cup of almond butter (unsweetened)
- ¾ cup of dates (pitted)
- ¼ cup of hot water
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 strainer
- 1 food processor
- 1 soft silicone spatula
- 1 glass baking dish
- 1 sheet of parchment paper (enough to cover the baking dish)
- Start with a mixing bowl and pour in the dates alongside a ¼ cup of hot water. Be sure they are fully immersed so if the ¼ cup isn’t quite enough don’t be afraid to add a little more.
- Soak the dates for 5-10 minutes.
- Once they are finished soaking you can drain off the water using a strainer.
- Add the rest of your ingredients as well as the dates to a food processor and blend until the mixture reaches a thick paste-like consistency.
- Cover a glass baking dish with one layer of parchment paper.
- Dump the entire mix into a glass baking dish over top of the parchment paper. A soft silicone spatula will work the best to get every last bit.
- Flatten the mixture using a spatula to the best of your ability. It doesn’t have to look perfectly smooth; it just needs to be an even thickness.
- Put the baking dish into a freezer for 30 minutes to set the CBD chocolate fudge.
- Cut into 12 squares and store in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or in a freezer for almost two months.
Benefits of CBD oil edibles
CBD oil without THC is mainly used for its health benefits as it will not get you high or create the euphoric sensations that are produced by THC. CBD is often used in conjunction with THC for its ability to lessen the chances of paranoia or stress that can be caused by THC, but it also has plenty of health benefits when it is consumed on its own. CBD can be beneficial for those who suffer from anxiety, pain, mood swings, lack of focus, nausea, depression, and inflammation of the joints.