Cannabis infused ice cream with chocolate shell recipe
The temperatures are now heading nowhere but up, and it’s time to pull out the tips and tricks that help to keep us cool all summer long. One of the best snacks on a hot summer’s afternoon is freezing cold ice cream, but the shops that will give you the additional fixings are all the same. They taste good, but they also tend to be missing something, and I think we have found the ever-elusive component that is necessary for this sweet treats’ success among adults. Marijuana can be added into this recipe using cannabis infused coconut oil, or by substituting the called for liquid for your preferred oil.
The trick is, that whatever you use must have already been put through the decarboxylation process, or it won’t get you high. Be sure to follow right to the end, for helpful dosing recommendations, and weed strains that taste great with this marijuana edible recipe. It’s also worth noting that this mixture, does not reheat well, so try to make only as much as you will use at the moment.
- 1.5 cups of chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons of cannaoil (cannabis infused coconut oil)
- 1 double broiler (or microwave)
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- 1 mixing spoon
- If using a double broiler, then prepare the water and set the burner to medium heat, allowing enough time for the chocolate chips to melt down. If using a microwave, you can add the chocolate chips to a bowl, and microwave them in 30 second intervals until entirely melted.
- Once the chocolate chips have melted, you can add in the cannaoil (cannabis infused coconut oil) and stir the ingredients together until smooth.
- Once the coconut oil has dissolved, and the chocolate has reached a velvety texture, it’s ready to use. Take a tablespoon to measure out a well portioned dose and pour it over an ice cream cone. Try to work quickly, as this marijuana edible chocolate will harden in under 30 seconds once it has touched the ice-cold treat.
The strength of your cannabis infused chocolate shell topping will depend on the potency of the coconut oil that was added to it. This recipe is meant for seasoned consumers, and beginners may want to either cut the cannabis infused coconut oil in half or only eat half of one portion. The number of individual servings in for this dish is recommended to be shared between six people. If this is your first experience with marijuana edibles, it is important to remember that the effects from this method of consumption can take up to two hours to kick in and may last up to 12 hours after that. Therefore, it is imperative to begin with small doses, and slowly work your way up as your comfortability with cannabis infused edibles grows.
Weed strains for chocolate marijuana edibles
The most experienced edibles consumers know that the marijuana strains that are used in the making of a dish can and will dramatically affect the overall taste of the edible. Since this is a sweet chocolate recipe, we’ve gathered ten delicious complimentary strains to help you get started.
- Peyote Cookies
- Chocolate Thai
- Gorilla Biscuit
- Bubba Kush
- Chocolate Kush
- Tootsie Roll
- Green Crack
- Super Sour Diesel
- White Chocolate