Cannabis infused chocolate peanut butter cup recipe
If you are looking for a simple way to make absolutely incredible edibles than this cannabis and peanut butter cup recipe might be just what you have been looking for. Two of the world's most delicious flavors combined within a perfect finger food that is convenient for serving to guests or freezing into individual dosed portions to enjoy later for yourself. This recipe will make 12 individual portions and requires cannabutter for the infusion.
How to make cannabutter
Cannabutter can be used to make all different kinds of marijuana edibles so if you have a little left over after making the cannabis peanut butter cups you can use it to get creative. Cannabutter can act as a replacement for butter in any of your favorite recipes to turn them into infused versions. You can increase or decrease the potency to your liking by adding more or less herb to the mix.
- 12 grams of cannabis
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 layer of parchment paper
- 1 saucepan
- 1 stovetop
- 1 grinder
- 1 layer of cheesecloth
- 1 elastic
- 1 resealable mason jar
- 1 metal bowl
- 1 cooking thermometer
- 1 spouted measuring cup
- Preheat an oven to 240 F.
- Use a grinder to break up the bud flowers.
- Place a layer of parchment paper over top of a cookie sheet.
- Spread the cannabis grind over the paper and bake it in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Add water to a saucepan and set the metal bowl inside.
- Add the butter and the decarboxylated cannabis to the metal bowl.
- Turn the burner to low heat and set the thermometer inside of the butter once it melts.
- Once the thermometer reads between 160 F and 200 F, you will need to do your best to maintain a temperature within that safe range for 2.5 hours as the mixture simmers and infuses. During that time you may have to add more water to control the temperature so keep an eye out for the saucepan running dry.
- After the butter has been infused for 2.5 or more hours, you can remove it from the burner.
- Pour the margarine into a spouted measuring cup.
- Use a piece of cheesecloth to cover the opening of a mason jar and fasten it into place using an elastic.
- Slowly pour the liquid into the cheesecloth. This will filter out any plant material that is no longer needed.
- After the melted butter has been filtered, discard the cheesecloth and plant material. The freshly made cannabutter should be cooled for at least one hour prior to using.
Cannabis strains that pair well with chocolate flavors: Super Girl, Chocolate Haze, Green Crack, Chocolope, Sour Diesel, Tootsie Roll, White Chocolate, Chocolate Meringue, Chocolope Kush, LA Chocolate, White Rhino, Chocolate Hashberry, Cookie Breath, Chocolate Chunky, Pot of Gold, Chocolate Fire, Chocolate Drop, Caramel Kona Coffee, Chocoholic, and Cookie Dough.
Cannabis infused peanut butter cups
- 12 ounces of milk chocolate chips (or melts)
- ¼ cup of cannabutter
- ¾ cup of peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cannabutter
- 1 muffin baking pan
- 12 paper muffin liners
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 mixing tool
- 1 large spoon
- Use a pair of scissors to cut the muffin liners down to about half of their original height.
- Place the liners into a muffin baking pan.
- Add the one teaspoon of cannabutter and chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for one minute.
- Remove the bowl and stir the ingredients together.
- Microwave for another minute.
- Stir the mixture once more.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into each of the muffin liners filling each one less than halfway with chocolate.
- Set the chocolate cup bases aside to set.
- Add the peanut butter, cannabutter, salt, and icing sugar into a small mixing bowl.
- Combine the ingredients well until the mixture reaches a smooth and even consistency.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the cream onto the center of each of the chocolate cup bases.
- Use the rest of the chocolate to encase the exposed creamy centers.
- Refrigerate for 1 full hour to harden the peanut butter cups.
- Store the freshly made marijuana edibles inside of a sealed baggie or container in the fridge until you are ready to serve or eat them.