All about Moon Rockets - Including how to make your own at home
All these newfangled terms are getting to be a bit much for new and old cannabis users alike to understand and remember. With our ever-evolving recreational and medicinal market focused on bringing us the best and most exciting marijuana products that money can buy, it is good to know what exactly you are looking at when deciding on a purchase. So far, we have covered Sun Rocks and Moon Rocks, but have you ever heard of a Moon Rocket?
What is a Moon Rocket
A Moon Rocket is a similar concept to a Moon Rock, with the most significant difference being Moon Rockets are ready to smoke as is, where a Moon Rock can be challenging to use if you don’t have the right tools available. A moon rocket is a cone joint that is rolled using marijuana that has been infused with a flavored terpene for a taste like blueberry, blackberry, apples, or citrus. The cone is then coated in a layer of BHO and sprinkled with a dusting of fresh kief. Most Moon Rocks will also sport a filter as the cannabis mixture creates so plenty of resin that you won’t want in your mouth.
Benefits of Moon Rockets
Moon Rockets are the quicker way to make Moon Rocks resulting in a ready to smoke joint rather than a difficult to consume nugget. One of the best and more exciting benefits about this method is how quickly it can be done and ready to use. They are generally made using the highest quality products available that when combined make for a potent mixture that will get you so much higher than any regular roll possibly could and are incredibly simple to make using only a few necessary materials.
How to make a Moon Rocket
What you need to make your own Moon Rocket will depend on personal preference. This particular guide explains how to roll a 1-3 gram cone joint, and anything more substantial will require more cannabis as well as more paper. You will notice that the oil, kief, and terpe juice are not measured and that is because that portion is also very much dependent on your access to products as well as your personal preference for flavor. If you have pre-rolled cone papers than you can skip steps 1 to 3.
- 1 weed grinder
- 1-3 grams of dry cannabis
- 2 king size rolling papers
- BHO (any kind of oil)
- 1 bobby pin
- 1 lighter
- 1 layer of parchment paper
- 1 glue strip (from a rolling paper)
- terpe juice (any kind)
- 1 cardboard filter paper
- To begin, you will need to line up two king size rolling papers and attach them together using the extra glue strip. Wet the glue strip and press it over the edges to make them into one large paper.
- Use a grinder to bust up anywhere from 1-3 grams of dry herb to use to pack your joint.
- Now mist the ground cannabis with a little bit of your favorite terpe juice while it is spread out on a clean surface.
- Prepare your cardboard filter by rolling it in an accordion style fashion until it is the size you need.
- Pack the papers and press the filter into place before you wrap it all up together in a cone shape.
- This is where you can play with the process a little bit. Use whatever kind of cannabis concentrate you like to dress up the joint. With thicker oils, it may be best to use a heated bobby pin to smoothly spread it over the outer surface of the joint. If you have a thin concentrate than a quick dip will give the same effects with little to no effort.
- One the coating of oil is complete you can sprinkle a layer of fresh kief until there is a thick coating that envelopes the concentrate. This will make it so you can touch the joint without it feeling sticky and give a really neat visual effect.
- Set the finished Moon Rocket on a layer of parchment paper for one full hour to cure before smoking it.
- Once the Moon Rocket has completely dried, you can light it and enjoy just like any other joint.