2 Energizing cannabis infused workout shake recipes
If you are looking for the perfect pre or post workout shake to keep your body healthy and balanced, then you have come to just the right place. The ideal workout shake is going to contain a few essential ingredients including protein, essential vitamins, healthy fatty acids, and easy to burn through natural sugars that will help to give you a little extra boost. The icing on this metaphorical cake is the infused portion of the shakes that can help to either keep you going through a long strenuous workout or to heal after stretching all your muscles to their limits. The key is not getting too stoned, and instead of achieving an efficient soothing sensation that doesn’t make you couch bound or unmotivated. We will touch a bit more on that after the recipes in the section titled “Best marijuana strains for working out.” Here you will find a couple of different recipes to suit any flavor preference and needs. If you are counting calories or concerned about the high amount of protein being detrimental to your typical regime, then you can always cut the fruits and proteins but up to half. Feel free to experiment and make these recipes your own.
Chocolate berry protein smoothie recipe
This recipe is fast, easy and delicious. If you are starting with a chocolate flavored protein powder, then you can forgo the addition of cocoa powder.
- 1 cup of cannamilk
- ½ cup of raspberries
- ½ cup of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 scoop of protein powder (any type)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Combine them on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and garnish if preferable with cool whip, chocolate syrup, or nuts.
Coffee protein smoothie recipe
Coffee lovers will rejoice with this unique spin on a popular workout shake. This one combines everything there is to love about coffee, including an often essential boost of caffeine with all of the powerful benefits that marijuana has to offer.
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- ¼ cup of brewed coffee (cooled)
- 1 cup of cannamilk
- 1 teaspoon of chocolate shavings (optional)
- Peel banana and add it to a blender.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients minus the chocolate shavings into a blender.
- Combine the ingredients at high speed for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour the finished shake into a glass and garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.
Working out with marijuana facts
- Cannabis helps to relieve muscle soreness and pain.
- Marijuana protects your brain from sustaining an injury.
- Cannabis can boost your metabolism and can help you to lose weight as you work on building muscle.
- Marijuana can help you to focus, leading to a much more efficient workout, and less bailing early.
- Cannabis can wash away any tense muscles or anxiety that you might have, which can help you do enjoy and fully utilize a short workout time.
How to use CBD oil
You probably noticed that the recipes above require the addition of cannamilk as the base for infusion. This is an excellent way to make these marijuana edibles without the additional taste that is so often associated with weed infused goods but isn’t always a viable option. Particularly for those who are seeking a CBD dose that doesn’t include the mind-altering components like THC. If you would like to make these workout shakes using CBD oil, just substitute the cannamilk for unsweetened white or almond milk and add in 5-10 drops of CBD oil.
Best marijuana strains for working out
There are thousands of different cannabinoids produced by marijuana plants, and the ones that are most beneficial to someone who is looking to add to a workout routine are THC and CBD. Ideally, a strain with a healthy amount of both cannabinoids is preferred. This is because THC will help to alleviate immediate discomforts, while CBD will be more effective long term as it battles inflammation which can lead to pain several hours after strenuous activity. Here are just a handful of marijuana strains that would make an excellent addition to these recipes.
Sweet and Sour Widow