Seed to Plate - Cooking Show - Alex Snyder
Chef Alex Snyder will be preparing two infused, breakfast type meals today, 'Fuzzy French Toast' and 'Sunny and Haze Benny'.
- Fuzzy French Toast
1 French baguette
4 egg yolks
¾ carton 35% whipping cream
Fresh shaved Nutmeg
¼ tsp kief
1 tsp powdered sugar
¼ carton 35% whipping cream
- Cut the baguette into ½ inch slices and place into a 9x9 pan
- In a bowl, mix yolks, cream, nutmeg and kief
- Pour mixture onto the cut baguette and cover with plastic wrap and foil.
- Let sit for a minimum of 4 hours or do the night before and let it sit overnight
- When ready, set oven to 375°F.
- In a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread brown sugar onto the pan, creating a bed for the baguette to rest on.
- Place baguette onto brown sugar bed then sprinkle brown sugar on top of the baguette.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the bread has browned and sugar has melted and caramelized
- While baking, whip powdered sugar and cream in a cold bowl (using a cold bowl and cold cream helps whipping)
Whip until the cream has thickened and white peaks are created.
- Once baking is finished, allow the french toast to rest for a few minutes then plate and serve with a big dollop of whipped cream.
2. Sunny and Haze Benny
Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients:
4 egg yolks
Juice of ½ lemon
¼ cup butter
¼ cup infused butter 200mg of Shatter
Dash of Tabasco
1tbsp white vinegar
Bacon (your choice sliced, slab, back)
- Melt butters together
- Mix yolks and lemon juice in a glass bowl with a whisk until blended.
- Move bowl onto a small pot with simmering water and continue to whisk.
- Add the butter slowly in a steady stream while continuing to whisk.
- Whisk the sauce until thickened (use the back of a spoon to test the thickness of sauce)
- Let sit covered in a warm place until everything else is ready.
7.Fry bacon to desired doneness/crispiness
- In the meantime toast muffin
Instructions to Poach Eggs
- In boiling water add vinegar (this helps keep the egg together when poaching)
- Carefully drop eggs into water one at a time and let poach for 2-3 minutes
- Using a slotted spoon carefully remove eggs from water (pole to check doneness) and place on a towel to allow excess water to dry off
Putting this breakfast together
- Take English muffin and butter (regular or infused) place bacon on top then the poached egg.
- Give your hollandaise a whisk as it should have thickened while resting, add a dash of Tabasco and a dash of lemon juice and whisk in.
- Take a nice big large scoop of the hollandaise sauce and cover your egg.
Finish with chives and some Cayenne