Kush Cake Pops product review and DIY guide
If you are a fan of cannabis infused treats like weed candy or brownies, then you might want to check these out. These delicious desserts are now offered by several different companies that specialize in cannabis edibles right across the world. The original version of these Kush Cake Pops was made and sold by the popular Kush Kakery which is located in the heart of Hollywood California. Keep reading to find out what they are, how they might affect you when to buy one, and how to make this edible recipe in the comfort of your own home.
What are Kush Cake Pops?
Kush Cake Pops are an adult version of regular cake pops that are cannabis infused from the chocolatey shell to their sweet, moist core. The originals are available in many different strengths including 55 mg up to 222 mg of THC, 30 different strains, and 60 different flavor combinations, which is enough to suit anyone's palette. These round balls of cake are placed on a stick and then coated in chocolate to keep in freshness and add an extra layer of sweetness that any true chocolate lover will be able to appreciate.
The effects of Kush Cake Pops
Cannabis edibles will feel differently to each person who takes one, and there is no way to predict the effects without knowing the strength you are taking, your tolerance levels, and your bodies way of absorbing the cannabinoids orally through the stomach. Though the intensity of the feeling might range, typically sensations of euphoria, relaxation, happiness, and other typical feelings that one would expect from smoking marijuana. The most significant difference is how long they may last. Since edibles take so long to be absorbed and work their way through the human body, the effects can be felt for anywhere from 2-12 hours after eating one.
Where to buy Kush Cake Pops
You might have more luck finding a local vendor by searching around your local dispensaries since many companies that offer this special service are staying quiet about this opportunity for legal reasons. If you check out www.kushfly.com or www.kushkakery.com and are in their delivery area than order away. If not, you might have to resort to a different approach to try one of these weed candy treats.
How to make your own Kush Cake Pops
The great thing about marijuana is how versatile it is, and how easy it is to combine with almost any normal recipe to make a cannabis infused edible. This marijuana delight can be made many ways, so once you master this one, feel free to experiment and personalize your treats in new and exciting ways by using different flavors or toppings like sprinkles. This recipe calls for cannaoil, so if you don’t have any on hand check out our cannaoil recipe before you begin.
Makes: 24 cannabis infused cake pops
- 1 box of instant cake mix
- 1 box of instant pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup of cannaoil
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 cup of buttercream icing
- 1 bag of any flavored chocolate chips
- 1-2 teaspoons of cannaoil
- 1 cake pan
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 whisk
- 2 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium microwave safe bowl
- parchment paper
- 24 sucker sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add the cake mix, pudding mix, cannaoil, eggs, and water to a medium sized bow, and combine them using a whisk.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan and bake it for either 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 20-30 minutes before handling.
- Empty the cake into a new clean large mixing bowl and add one cup of buttercream. Now mash the ingredients together using your hands until it resembles a paste more than a cake.
- Measure out one tablespoon of the cake mix at a time and roll each one into a ball as you go. Setting the finished ones on a cookie sheet over a lining of parchment paper.
- Once all the balls are rolled, you can press the sticks into the base of each one. If the cake is too runny to hold the sticks, sometimes a dab of cold icing is enough to hold them in place.
- Refrigerate the cake pops for 30 minutes to harden.
- Now add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl along with one tablespoon of cannaoil or cannabutter. Heat in 30 second intervals mixing frequently to avoid burning. If the chocolate remains too thick, you can add more oil until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- While the chocolate is piping hot, remove the cake pops from the fridge. Coat the entire outer layer of each one.
- Set down a fresh piece of parchment paper to rest the finished products on.
- Once you are finished coating them all, allow them 20 more minutes to set in the fridge before wrapping or serving.