How to make a watermelon bong
Smoking marijuana doesn’t have to be boring and thanks to decades of stoner ingenuity, there are plenty of how-to guides for making your own weed accessories like bongs and pipes. Here, you will find everything you need to know about making a watermelon bong, including some handy tips and tricks for keeping the mess to a minimum and the functionality of your homemade device on point.
You will need:
• 1 watermelon (any size)
• 1 large carrot
• 1 drill
• 1 1-inch drill bit
• 1 narrow drill bit
• 1 carrot
• 1 sharp knife
- To begin, you will need to drill 3 holes into the watermelon. Placement is critical. The hole for the mouth should be on the opposite of the one that will hold the bowl. The third should act as a carb, so to estimate the best place to install it, you can press your mouth to the hole, and see where your fingers comfortably rest on the side. The carb should be drilled in an area that is easily accessible with a middle or pointer finger.
- Once you have figured out where the holes will be, you will need to connect the chambers, so that the smoke from the bowl can comfortably travel to the mouthpiece. Drill each of the holes as deep as you can, until you are confident, that they have been connected. Sometimes it can help to use a straw or other tube-shaped device to clear the tunnel of debris. Check the draw by inhaling from the mouthpiece and covering the carb. Once you’re satisfied with the airflow, you can move on to the next step.
- Use a narrow drill bit to make a hole directly down the middle of a large carrot.
- Turn the carrot on the flat side, for this part, so that it doesn’t try to roll away. Use a sharp knife to carve a bowl into the side of the carrot that is deep enough to uncover the first tunnel. Check the airflow by blowing through the narrow tip of the vegetable, and if need be, clean out the chambers until you are satisfied with the draw.
- Shove the carrot, small end first, into the hole that is opposite of the mouthpiece. Ensure it is a good fit and should be placed on the same angle that was drilled; otherwise, it will puncture into the remaining fruit center, and get clogged. Check the draw one final time, by inhaling from the mouthpiece.
How to use a watermelon bong
Some people like to add a screen to their carrot bowl but using a freshly made watermelon bong is incredibly easy.
- Grind some cannabis flowers in a grinder.
- Pack the carrot bowl loosely.
- Use a lighter to ignite the dry herb.
- Inhale from the mouthpiece and enjoy.
Tips and tricks to keep this project mess-free
Use a drop sheet. Anything from a large garbage bag to painters plastic sheets can be placed under the watermelon before you start drilling to keep any flying fruit or vegetable bits contained.
Start with a fresh watermelon. As the watermelon ripens, it will get sweeter, but the fruit inside will also take on a softer texture. It is much easier to drill a clean chamber into a firmer watermelon, so this isn’t the best project for a ripe fruit.
Keep paper towels on hand. You can do your best to pick a fresh piece of fruit and still end up with fresh watermelon juices running everywhere. Some paper towels make it easy to sop up extra from running off the drop sheet or down your arms and onto your clothes.
Fruity flavored cannabis strains
• Lemon Stilton
• Jack the Ripper
• Sugar Pop
• Pineapple Express
• Las Vegas Lemon Skunk
• California Orange
• Jack Herer
• Dutch Passion
• Orange Creamsicle
• Space Queen
• Jilly Bean
• Strawberry Cough
• Apollo 13
• Orange Candy
• Golo Line