Cannabis labs conference goes virtual
Cannabis Labs is among the many casualties that COVID-19 has affected. However, the Cannabis labs conference will not be defeated. In the interest of humanity and the health of the world, the company has decided to have the cannabis events venue switched to be a full virtual conference.
The Cannabis labs conference event is rescheduled and will be held on June 2nd to 5th. The organizers, Innovative Publishing Company, believes in keeping the public safe. The current COVID-19 virus that is ravishing the world is reason enough for the dates and venue to be changed for public safety. The event will go forth with no charge to attendees and will be underwritten by the sponsors of the event.
The new way of conferencing at cannabis events is being completed with e-learning as the venue. This particular conference is using a full virtual presentation. The conference will address a few specific issues, including:
- Risk management
- Food laboratory management
Topics scheduled to be discussed during the event include:
- Data management
- Food fraud
- Advantages in Sample Prep
- Nutritional analysis
- Analytical Methodologies used in the Monitoring of Food Safety and Quality
As with many cannabis events, there is a focus. This particular conference has a focus on cannabis science, technology, compliance, and also quality management. Cannabis Labs Conference provides the attendee with the opportunity to engage in conversations that give critical information that can aid in the advancement of personal careers and organizations. The technical aspects of opening and operating a laboratory will also be discussed.
The cannabis science portion of the Cannabis Labs Conference will provide panel discussions which are aimed in including some of the following topics:
- Potency, cannabinoid quantification
- Heavy metal and pesticide analysis
- Regulatory compliance, State regulations
- Research & Development testing for product development
Some of the prominent speakers at this full virtual conference will include:
1. Grace Bandong from Eurofins
- Specializes in Global Scientific Strategy
- She will discuss building a comprehensive analytical testing program for hemp
2. Marc Carter from MC Squared
- He is the president and founder of this independent consulting firm concentrating his expertise in food safety and any technology deployment and development.
- Mr. Carter works earnestly on improving public health.
3. Scott Coates from AOAC Research Institute
- Senior Director
- Mr. Coates will present his values, including The Four Pillars of Quality Measurement, which includes:
- Validated Methods
- Proficiency Testing & Training
- Mr. Coates is responsible for the daily management and business development for the AOAC Research Institute.
4. Charles Deibel from Deibel Labs Inc
- Mr. Deibel is the President and CEO, and he will open the general session with a history of food, cannabis testing, and how far we've come.
- He is the president of an internationally recognized corporation. Fifteen testing labs in North America belong to his corporation.
- He has presidency over the lab, which has been operating for over 50 years serving the Cannabis industry, food, and beverage.
- Charles Deibel, a microbiologist, uses his cannabis science in the aiding of his clients in Food Safety Plan development and recovering from bacterial remediation events.
E-learning may be the way of the future for cannabis events moving forward. Cannabis events will be different post-COVID-19, only adding another challenge that the green road to success and health will need to follow.