World’s most potent three layer red velvet cake recipe
Published Mar 19, 2019 09:18 a.m. ET
In RecipesUpdated2 min read
While technically there may be a stronger cannabis infused edibles recipe out there, this one is stronger than most and certainly not recommended for beginners. Take caution when both eating and serving this chocolaty marijuana treat. One full cake is meant to provide 12 individual doses. Even the most seasoned cannabis lovers should start with just one and wait at least two hours before consuming anymore. Feel free to use any weed strains you think might pair well with caramel. To start, you will need both cannabutter and infused canola oil to complete this masterpiece.
- 2 ⅓ cups of white flour
- 1 ¼ cups of cannabis infused canola oil
- 1 ¾ cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup of buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons of red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 cups of icing sugar
- 4 ounces of cannabutter
- 16 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 ½ teaspoons of vanilla
- parchment paper
- 3 8-inch cake pans
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 2 silicone spatulas
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 flat edged plastic spatula or icing tool
- Preheat an oven to 350 F.
- Put 1 layer of parchment paper on the bottom of each 8-inch cake pan.
- Add all the dry cake ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine them using a silicone spatula.
- Now pour in the wet cake ingredients and beat the mixture well using an electric hand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill each cake pan around ¾ of the way full of the batter.
- Bake the cakes in a preheated oven at 350 F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick pressed into the middle of each one comes out clean.
- Allow 5 to 10 minutes for the cakes to cool.
- Flip the cakes out of the pans onto cooling racks or platters.
- Take the small mixing bowl and add in the cannabutter and cream cheese.
- Mix the ingredients with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture reaches an even consistency.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl using a spatula to pull up any remaining chunks and mix it again for another minute.
- Now you can slowly start to add in the powdered icing sugar while mixing the ingredients together at a low speed.
- The final step is adding the vanilla along with 1 final blend.
- Place 1 of the cooked cakes on a platter or serving tray.
- Use the freshly made marijuana-infused icing to cover the cake in a layer approximately ¼ inch thick. It doesn’t have to look great as you can clean it up later.
- Now place the second cake evenly centered on top of the first.
- Add another layer of icing to the freshly added cake until it is completely coated.
- Place the third and final layer on top of the last one as evenly as possible.
- Ice the cake as you did the others adding any additional icing to the sides of the cake.
- Use the icing tool or flat edged spatula to scrape along the outside of the cake. This will smooth the edges and fill in any gaping holes between the cake layers to make them appear as one.
- You can garnish with a little extra icing sugar mixed with a drop of red food coloring or serve the cake as is after cutting it into twelve even slices.