Tricks and tips for cannabis cooking at home
Contrary to belief, you can not cook with raw cannabis. Well you can I suppose, if you are not looking for the psychoactive effects that THC can provide to you.
Trick number one
The term decarboxylation will become a familiar word when you cook with cannabis. Failing to decarboxylate marijuana before the making of edibles will be wasting your cannabis. The THC/CBD needs to be activated. This is achieved by applying heat to your herb before using it to cook with. It is a simple method and involves using your oven.
• Spread your ground herb evenly on the bottom of a cookie sheet
• Place in pre-heated 130-degree oven
• Turn the bud over make sure it is one level
• 50 to 60 mins should be enough, the bud should feel dry
• Your herb is ready for use now to infuse into your organic fat(oil/butter)
Trick number two
Here is a trick for infusing your oil.
- Use as much water as you want in your pan when beginning the infusion process.
- Select a pan that can hold at least enough water to cover the butter if that is your choice of fat that you are using.
- Keep an eye on the water level, you can add more water anytime. You will cook this mixture for 3-4 hours.
Now you can strain your mixture using a cheesecloth. Store in an airtight glass container. Keep it in the fridge or a cool dark place till you need it for your cooking.
Trick number three
If you are going to be serving your guests with your delicious edibles, you’ll need to make sure of the potency before you serve your edibles. Here’s how to tackle that one. Try eating one teaspoonful of your infused butter. Wait the appropriate time to feel the effect about 45 minutes to an hour. Now you can use your cannabutter accordingly.
Trick number four
Stir your mixture thoroughly after adding your cannabis oil or butter it is important. The canna oil/butter needs to be evenly distributed throughout your mixture.
Trick number five
Act like portion control police when serving your goodies. This will ensure everyone gets to an appropriate level, doesn’t overdue it and has a good time.
Weed brownies are a famous edible from back in the days here is a simple recipe to follow:
• 250g good quality Belgian chocolate
• 180 grams of melted canna-butter
• 200 grams of sugar
• 2 eggs
• 3 teaspoonfuls of vanilla
• 1 teaspoonful of peppermint
• 80 grams of all-purpose flowers
• ½ cup of cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoonful of salt or salt substitute
- Pre-heat oven 350F
- Melt the chocolate
- In a glass bowl mix melted butter and sugar, beat in the eggs, vanilla and peppermint
- Whisk in your melted chocolate make sure mixture is not too hot
- Mix together the cocoa powder and flour
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, do not mix it too long
- Pour mixture into greased pan
- Bake for about 25-30 mins
Perfects strains for these delicious brownies:
- White Widow
- Sherbet Queen
- Wedding Gelato