How to make firecracker edibles
When you hear the words firecracker edible, it might bring to mind visions of loud, powerful explosive and sometimes bright old-school fireworks we all set off as kids. In a way, the name suits the effects to be expected from consuming a portion. So, what is a weed firecracker?
What Is a Weed Firecracker? Aka, Weed Crackers, or Firecracker edibles are the simplest THC infused sweet and salty recipe out there and requires only a few essential ingredients. Graham cracker sheet, peanut butter, and one gram (or more) of dried herb. Once complete a firecracker looks like the most delicious giant cracker sandwich. Think Ritz only with peanut butter and firepower. Infused with THC using dried herbs and garnished with whatever flavor suits your palate.
Firecracker Edible Recipe
Time to Make: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- 4 graham cracker sheets
- 8 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 4 (or more) grams of dry marijuana
- Garnishing or topping of your choosing (i.e. honey, syrup, nuts, etc.)
- Aluminum foil
- 2 large cookie sheets
- Mixing/spreading tool
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Use a large piece of aluminum foil to spread out on a countertop.
- Break graham crackers in half and place each one onto the aluminum foil with at least three-inch gaps between each one. There needs to be plenty of room to wrap each one with the foil when finished so this may need to be done in two to three separate batches depending on the space you have available.
- Cover every other half in a thick layer of peanut butter.
- Using a grinder, bust up your dried herb and remove all large stems.
- Evenly spread ground bud over each peanut buttered covered half.
- Place the uncoated halves onto the weed, and peanut butter coated crackers and press down lightly to ensure each one stays in place. You don’t want the peanut butter to be completely squished out of the graham cracker layer, so just a light press should do the trick.
- Cut the aluminum foil in rows leaving an even amount of foil around each cracker.
- Wrap each cracked individually and place each one onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 F for 30 minutes on a middle rack.
Once finished baking, remove the Weed Crackers from the oven and allow to cool for at least ten minutes before unwrapping and garnishing with chocolate drizzle, syrup, jam, honey, chocolate chips, etc. Serve immediately for best results.
A firecracker edible will only be as potent as you make it. If using a lower quality bud, it may not produce the same results and something with a high THC content. Either way, the amount of THC is condensed and amplified when ingested through the stomach. The recommended dosing for this recipe is one batch of crackers per person with the end products being divided into four batches, making it possible to enjoy an entire plate in one sitting without overindulging.