THC and CBD infused chocolate mousse recipe
Everyone is talking about THC or CBD infused recipes, because they are a healthy way to consume the wanted cannabinoids, do not require any sort of device to take, and they can be made with a variety of infused ingredients, which offers a solution no matter which types of marijuana products you might have access to. Though store-bought edible marijuana goods come with a hard to ignore convenience factor, handmade items offer the benefit of personalization of both the dose and the flavor of the recipes used.
Why should you use a combination of both THC and CBD?
Each cannabinoid comes with its unique benefits. Generally, THC is used by recreational consumers, and CBD is taken by those seeking more medicinal qualities without the high. However, when you combine the two elements, the effects are amplified dramatically. The CBD will help with more traditional anti-inflammatory and system regulating qualities, and the THC provides the euphoric high. The bonus that comes from combining the two is a lighter, but longer lasting high. This is thanks to CBD’s ability to coat the body’s receptors that interact with THC.
How to make THC and CBD enriched chocolate mousse
In case you were wondering, this recipe will be successful no matter which cannabinoid you choose to add. However, the most potent benefits are provided by a nice even dose of both elements that are taken at the same time. You can either use pre-infused weed chocolate, cannabis cream or add both cannabinoids in their purest crystal or oil forms. Just remember, the more infused ingredients that you add, the stronger the effects will be. If you want a lighter recipe than simply use non-infused options in place of the cannabis-infused ones called for in the recipe. The best part about this creamy dessert comes when it is time to experiment with new and exciting toppings or additives, including regular favorites and infused munchies to achieve an even higher dose of cannabinoids.
Makes: 6 servings
Takes: 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of cannabis cream
- ¼ cup of white granulated sugar
- 6 oz of weed chocolate
- 30 mg of CBD oil
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 saucepan
- 1 cooking thermometer
- 1 large spoon
- 1 rubber spatula
- 6 serving cups
- Begin by cracking both eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Now add in the white granulated sugar and beat the mixture on high using an electric beater set to high for 4 minutes.
- Pour the cannabis cream into a saucepan and heat it to 135 F. Use a cooking thermometer to ensure it reaches the correct temperature, or it will not set.
- Slowly add the cream to the eggs while maintaining the beaters on high to avoid the mixture turning into scrambled eggs.
- Add all the freshly combined mixture back to the saucepan and heat it over a medium set stove top burner.
- Use a large spoon to stir the ingredients until they are thick and scoop-able consistency. You will need the thermometer again, as going past 150 F could result in a scalded mess.
- If for any reason the mixture is overheated, you will want to run it through a fine mesh strainer to remove any clumps before moving on.
- Remove the thickened mix from the burner and add in the weed chocolate. Stir the ingredients for another 1-2 minutes, or until the cannabis-infused chocolate has melted completely.
- Now it is safe to add the CBD oil and give it one final stir before setting it in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours.
- After the mousse has hardened, it can be scooped out and placed into individual serving glasses or dishes and topped with any of your favorite toppings.
Be sure to enjoy only one serving of this enriched mousse, especially if it is your first time as the effects of marijuana edibles are known to be intense and long-lasting.