Pineapple upside down weed cake recipe
Nothing is more comforting than a delicious warm slice of homemade cake. Pineapple upside down cake is one of the classics that many of us get a little nostalgic over. After a bit of dappling in cannabis edibles, I decided to take a shot at a creating brand-new marijuana edible recipe using my favorite vanilla cake base that is infused with a bit of cannabutter for an extra special treat. The pineapple does something incredible with its sweet and sour tones that work great to cover up that earthy taste that so often accompanies cannabis edibles.
This recipe is made entirely from scratch, which offers flexibility for the use of substitutions to suit your own dietary needs. This recipe is strong and recommended for experienced cannabis users. If you are new to using cannabis edibles than you may want to consider using regular butter or margarine in either the cake or topping portion of the recipe.
Marijuana edible recipe - Pineapple upside-down cake
It is best, to begin with, all the wet ingredients at room temperature to save time and microwaving. Both the cannabutter and milk need to be warmed/softened before you start. Though you may be tempted to eat more, this recipe is quite potent and is intended to be shared among at least six people or divided into six separate doses.
Time to prepare: 25 minutes
Time to make: 1 hour 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 8 pieces
Weed cake ingredients
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of white milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of cannabutter
- ½ cup of white sugar
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups of white flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup of dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of cannabutter
- 10 or more pineapple slices
- cherries (fresh pitted or maraschino)
- 1 9-inch cake pan
- 1 spatula
- 1 whisk (or electric mixer)
- 2 medium-sized mixing bowls
- 1 plate (or serving platter)
- aluminum foil
- Preheat an oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Add ½ cup of cannabutter to the bottom of a cake pan. Make sure it evenly coats it by lifting the dish and holding it on an angle in different directions to spread it anywhere that the cake batter will touch including up the sides.
- Add ¼ cup of brown sugar to the margarine by evenly sprinkling it across the entirety of the cake dish bottom.
- Now you will finish the topping layer by placing the pineapples slices evenly across the bottom of the cake pan. Once you are satisfied with the amount, you can add one or two cherries to the center of each slice.
- In one medium sized bowl add all the remaining sugar and cannabutter. Now combine them using a whisk or electric mixer until the mix reaches a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the mixture and whisk again until all the ingredients have been combined.
- In a second bowl add the white flour, salt, and baking powder and mix them.
- Now add the milk to the liquid mix and whisk well.
- Slowly pour the dry mix into the wet ingredients stirring as they are being combined to maintain the best texture.
- Add the batter to the cake dish by slowly pouring it over top of the pineapple slices. Too much pressure with disturb the topping layer so be gentle and take your time.
- Bake in an oven at 350 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the cake from the oven and cover it using a layer of tinfoil. This step is essential to prevent burning.
- Return the covered cake pan to the oven and bake it for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and check it with a toothpick. If it comes out clean the cake has finished baking and can be set aside to cool. If the toothpick comes out of the center still sticky than bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled enough to safely handle you can flip it upside down on top of a plate or serving platter. The cake with a little coaxing should slide right out as long as the pan was greased well. If you have trouble with this portion, I highly recommend investing in a cake dish with a removable outer layer which will make the whole process a lot easier. Once it has been placed onto a plate it can be cut and enjoyed immediately.