DIY-Cannabis infused mayonnaise
Most traditional toppings that you use are relatively restricted as far as how they can be used. I mean, sure plenty of people think that ketchup can taste great on just about anything, but the rest of us enjoy it in moderation on a burger or for our fries. That’s why mayonnaise is so incredibly unique, and one of the best marijuana edible condiments that you could make. Think of all the typical meals that require a bit of mayo like sliced sandwiches, hamburgers, chicken burgers, tuna, deviled eggs, and a great many dips call for the addition of mayo as an essential ingredient. Now consider the options that go a bit outside of normal. For instance, did you know that the majority of baked goods will be moister and sweeter if you add mayonnaise instead of eggs? Since it’s made using an egg base, it adds a similar texture that is jam packed with flavor that pairs well with cakes, brownies, cookies, and any other baked good that calls for an egg. This mayonnaise recipe calls for cannabis oil as the base for infusion. If you don’t have any or aren’t sure how to make it yourself don’t worry. We will show you every step necessary to make this mayonnaise edibles recipe from scratch.
How to make cannabis oil
Cannabis oil is incredibly easy to make and can last for quite a while in storage, so there is no cause for concern if you end up making a little bit more than you need.
Makes: 1 cup of cooking oil
Takes: 6 hours
- ½ cup of vegetable oil (or other cooking oil)
- ½ cup of dried cannabis flower
- 1 cannabis grinder
- 1 fine mesh strainer
- 1 coffee filter
- 1 slow cooker
- 1 stirring tool
- 1 glass spouted measuring cup
- 1 resealable mason jar
- Use a cannabis grinder to break apart the marijuana flowers until they reach an even ground up consistency.
- Add the cooking oil to the slow cooker and pour in the cannabis grind.
- Set the slow cooker to the lowest heat setting and stir the contents until all the cannabis is submerged.
- Cover and heat on low for 5-6 hours to decarboxylate the weed and to extract the cannabinoids from the plant matter, which effectively inserts them into the cooking oil.
- Once the extraction is complete, turn off the heat and allow the liquid enough time to cool to a safe handling temperature.
- Pour the cannabis oil into a spouted measuring cup.
- Now place a fine mesh strainer over the mason jar opening and put one coffee filter in the middle. Though the additional filter isn’t necessary, it helps to remove any remaining plant materials that might make it through the mesh strainer.
- Pour the cannabis oil slowly through the filter and into the mason jar.
- Gently lift the coffee filter and squeeze out any remaining liquids before disposing of it.
- Seal the jar and place it in a cool dark place until you are ready to use it.
Cannabis infused mayonnaise recipe
Makes: 1 cup of cannabis-infused mayonnaise
Takes: 2 hours
- ½ cup of cannabis oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 small punch of salt
- 1 whisk
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 resealable mason jar (or another airtight container)
- Separate the egg yolks and add them to the mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and egg yolks to the mixing bowl and combine the ingredients using a whisk until creamed.
- Now slowly and carefully pour in the cannabis oil ¼ at a time while mixing the ingredients together until all of it has been added.
- Whisk for another 3-5 minutes or until the mayonnaise begins to thicken.
- Pour the cannabis infused mayonnaise into a sealed airtight container or mason jar and store it in the fridge for up to 30 days or until you are ready to put it to use.
When creating marijuana edibles, some people prefer to choose a marijuana strain that comes equipped with a flavor that might go well with the recipe they are trying to make. In the case of mayonnaise, a hint of citrus and lemon scents and flavors are already present and enhanced with the addition of some of these strains including:
Lemon Kush, Lemon Haze, Trainwreck, Headband, Fire OG, Amnesia Haze, Lemon Skunk, Tangerine Dream, Juicy Fruit, Khalifa Kush, Sour Tangie, Jack the Ripper and Orange Cookies.