Marijuana infused honey tincture recipe
Some people find cannabis tinctures flavor to be a little overwhelming at times, making it less than ideal for those with a more sensitive nose or sense of taste. Luckily, there are some amazing alternatives that are all natural, also beneficial to your health, and tastes so much better than you’d ever expect. One of them is from the bees themselves, as in this method honey is used instead of the alcohol that would normally be found in a tincture recipe, which is mainly responsible for the strong, pungent taste that turns so many away.
This cannabis edible liquid delight is powerful and excellent for medicinal patients who are seeking relief from painful symptoms. To start, you will need only a handful of wholesome ingredients that you might already have lying around.
- 6.5 cups of pure all-natural organic honey
- 40 grams of dry cannabis
- 1 thick string
- 1 resealable mason jar
- 1 crock pot
- 1 pair of oven mitts
- 1 weed grinder
- Use a weed grinder to bust apart your marijuana buds.
- Dump the cannabis grind into the center of two or three layers of cheesecloth.
- Wrap the herb grind by lifting all four corners of the cheesecloth and tying them together using a string.
- Place the newly formed pot pod into a crockpot and then cover it by adding all the honey as well.
- Cover the crock pot and set it to a low setting to simmer. You never want this mixture to boil, or it might burn.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 4.5 hours, stirring it on occasion to keep the bag from sticking.
- Once the infusion has occurred, and the 4.5 are up, it is time to turn off the slow cooker, and allow the mixture to reach a safe handling temperature.
- Use oven gloves to lift the pan from the crockpot and slowly pour it into a resealable mason jar.
- Seal the lid of the jar and allow the freshly infused honey to cool to room temperature before refrigerating or storing in a kitchen cupboard. The most important thing to remember is to always keep it in a cool and dark place. This will keep the honey tincture fresh and good for up to two months after infusion.
Marijuana infused honey tincture uses
This tincture is excellent for both medicinal and recreational consumption. It can be taken on its own or added to your favorite smoothie, juice, coffee, tea, or almost any other beverage for a quick medicated treat in a matter of seconds. It’s also perfect for cooking with low temperature recipes like pasta, cakes, and cookies and more. The best part is that this one acts as a sweetener as well, so feel free to lower the amount used in whatever marijuana edibles recipe it’s added to.
Weed strains for cannabis infused honey
As some of you might already know, marijuana plants all naturally produce a variety of smells and tastes that contribute to the overall experience. When it comes to marijuana edibles, any dry herb or leaf cuttings could work to infuse the base, but one that comes with complimentary flavors makes the whole deal just that much better. Below you will find a list of the top weed strains that taste like honey or have another sweet taste that will pair with this recipe nicely.
- Panama Red - Tangerine - Chocolate Thunder - Cannalope Kush - Chocolope - Green Candy - Moonshine Haze - Alaskan - Cinderella 99 - Vortex - Honey Bananas - Strawberry Banana - Honey Boo Boo - Lodi Dodi - Purple Paralysis - Nebula - Popcorn Kush - The Void - Love Potion #9 - Fortune Cookies - BC Sweet Tooth - Sweet Tooth - Danky Doodle - Super Kush - Cream Caramel - Tiger’s Milk