Marijuana and wine
Alcohol is not present in some cannabis wine, Rebel Coast Winery has removed the alcohol and replaced it with infused THC. Each bottle contains 4 glasses each boosting a 5 mg THC level. The bottle contains a total of 20 mg THC. I wonder who is pouring these four glasses; size does matter here. The idea behind the 5 mg dose per glass is to resemble the feelings of alcoholic wine. If you choose to have alcohol in your wine remember the effects are stronger due to the combination of the potency of the wine and the potency of the herb. Wine is only a small part of the cannabis cuisine.
THC infused cuisine
How experts pair cannabis with wine and cuisine are to have a custom catered dinner in your home for up to 6 people. Toronto boasts a Canadian catering company which will provide you and your guests with a personalized cannabis cuisine in your own home. The well-informed chef will be pleased to educate you and your guest on any questions that you have regarding the preparation or pairing of the strains to the food.
Usually, the night will include:
- Starter cocktail
- Main course
- Dab bar
- Take-home edibles
If you are the DIY type of person, you might like to try your hand at making cannabis wine.
- The first step is to decarboxylate your favorite strain of cannabis. To do this, you will need to pre-heat your oven to 230F. Place your cannabis on a cookie sheet being mindful not to overlap. You want a single layer. You now will cover the cookie sheet containing your cannabis with foil. The pan goes in the preheated oven for 110 minutes. This is to be a very slow process. You do not want the cannabis to burn.
- After you have removed your cannabis from oven and allowed it to cool, you can grind your decarboxylated cannabis.
- Use your cheesecloth and make a few small bags with the herb inside the cheesecloth.
- Pour your wine into a container add your cannabis filled cheesecloth bags. Cover and put in the fridge for 48hrs, remember to stir the liquid a few times.
- Remove from fridge after 48hrs, strain wine through a cheesecloth filter into your best wine decanter.
This is about the easiest way of making your own alcoholic wine. If you prefer to use a crock-pot, the process is easy also. Make sure your crock-pot does not reach a boiling point. Your wine and the cannabis filled cheesecloth bags will simmer covered for about two hours. You will need to stir occasionally and be mindful of letting the wine heat too much as you will have spoiled your wine and it will be rendered undesirable. You will now strain your cannabis infuse wine; your clean cheesecloth will suit the straining process fine. Get ready to bottle your wine either in a beautiful decanter, or your clean washed wine bottle can be re-used.
However, you store your wine and whichever method you choose to make your wine, enjoy!