How to make your own DIY two-can marijuana water pipe
As a cannabis enthusiast, I find that there is not much else that bothers me so much as breaking my precious smoking device and having to wait until payday to replace it does. Then there are also those times that I forget my weed rolling papers at a friend’s while leaving my glass at home. Even those who are fortunate enough to own a massive collection of paraphernalia for smoking marijuana, will eventually get bored and look for a more hands on project that can help to liven up the experience with a quick change of pace.
In the past, we have touched on many different kinds of DIY smoking marijuana devices, but after hearing about the two-can water pipe I just had to check it out for myself, and I must say I’m quite impressed. So much so, that I wanted to share with you all how to make one at home with minimal tools for the low cost of free, minus a couple of items that you likely have lying around the house already.
- 2 unopened pop cans
- 1 file
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 drill (or hole punch tool)
- 1 glass tube (optional)
- hot glue gun
- rubber tubing
- Use a file to wear down the edges of one of the pop cans, until the center of the top separates from the rest of the can enough to safely remove it.
- Pour out the contents of the can and rinse it until clean.
- Drill a hole into the removed center, on the opposite side of the shaped opening.
- Push the empty pen casting into the drilled hole just enough to hold it in place.
- Use a hot glue gun to seal up the edges around the pen casing on the side that it isn’t protruding from and allow the glue 20 seconds to set and cool.
- Flip the lid with pen casing attached over so that the pen is standing in the air and use the glue gun to seal the outside edges around it.
- Cut the pop can with the top already removed in half using scissors.
- Use a scissor to make small incisions into the portion of the can with one end still intact. Small slides from the edge towards the bottom, about halfway down.
- Now press the two small can portions together by placing the one with slits inside of the other.
- You will be left with what looks like half the size of a can of pop. Place the removed end over the opening of the two pieces to complete the look by gently pressing down on it until it clicks.
- Use a small drill bit to make five small holes in the bottom of the now half sized can.
- Take the second pop can and remove the top the same way you did with the other, by using a file until it detaches.
- Clean the pop can and dry it thoroughly before continuing.
- Use a sharp knife to make one hole that is wide enough to insert the rubber tubing you have. Push it in just enough that it holds in place, but do not continuously feed it into the can.
- Use a hot glue gun to seal up the edges of the rubber tubing.
- Fill the can up with ice cold water, but not enough to be higher than the tube is located, or you will be sucking up water instead of smoke.
- Place the small half sized can over top of the open end of the second one, with the small drilled holes exposed.
- Your water bong is now ready to be fired up and taken for a test run.
How to use a two-can water pipe
This may seem like a complicated device until you get the hang of making it but using it once the piece has successfully been built is as easy as it gets.
- Simply add your dried herb to the top portion directly above the holes.
- Place your mouth over the open end of the rubber hose.
- Spark the herb inside of the bowl.
- Take a good deep inhale.
The glass tube portion is completely optional, but without it you will not get the same percolator style effect. The water will still cool the smoke, but it won’t filter it nearly as well without one. This contraption was designed around a similar basis as hookahs are, with a few variations to bring some of the very best water bong benefits to the table.