How to make topical THC oil for pain
Lotions balms and salves are exceptional items to keep on hand for anyone experiencing pain. THC infused lotions can provide relief from chronic pain or localized pain. Applying the topical directly to the affected area will not produce high feelings that can be experienced with other components of the cannabis plant. Using THC oil externally is a perfect way to relieve pain when at work.
Making a salve or lotion infused with THC is similar to making cannabis-infused butter or oil for cooking. The following is a simple DIY method of making your cannabis salve using all-natural ingredient.
Step by step guide on how to make topical THC oil for pain
- 10 grams of cannabis that has a high THC level (the Ghost Train Haze marijuana strain would be a good choice or ACDC which is also high in CBD)
- 1 ½ cups of virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of pure organic beeswax
- Few drops of essential oil (lavender)
- Baking sheet
- Double boiler
- Pre-heat oven to 210 degrees F and spread your ground herb evenly on the baking sheet. This step is required to decarboxylate your cannabis, which activated your bud grind. Leave the cannabis in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes
- During this time, place your organic coconut oil in your double boiler turn stove to low heat and stir continuously.
- Add your decarboxylated weed to the pot and continue to stir the oil and cannabis mix for about 30 minutes. Make sure to keep the heat at a low temperature to ensure that the weed is not scorched.
- Now you are ready to remove your mixture from the heat and strain into a glass jar. Use the aid of the cheesecloth as a filter.
- In the double boiler now add your organic beeswax and heat till melted.
- Now you slowly pour your infused coconut oil to the pot and then add your favorite essential oil. Lavender is a perfect choice for relaxing qualities. You need only add a few drops.
- When beeswax and coconut oils are thoroughly combined, remove the pot from the heat and pour your cannabis THC infused salve into your containers.
If you are interested in making your THC salve into a THC infused lotion, you will need to add to your mix
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 1 cup of pure aloe Vera gel
The finished product will be quite thick and may not work well in a pump dispenser.
You now have you homemade THC infused lotion or salve. Remember to store your hard work in an appropriate place; a cool dark place is best. As it will help to increase the amount of time you can store your lotion.
As a side note, if you are using your salve to relieve the pain associated with arthritis, you can also add a small amount of cayenne pepper. This extra ingredient will provide a practical addition to helping control your pain. Remember, however, to store your cayenne added salve separate from your other lotions. The heat from the cayenne pepper additive may not be what you want to have on your face.
Enjoy your DIY lotions yourself, or use them as an excellent gift to friends who need the help of THC infused creams to treat the pain that they are experiencing.