How to make THC spray
THC products that are reliable and user-friendly are a rare commodity these days. Even with marijuana legalization in Canada, the market has been forcibly stalled by the federal government. This has left thousands of consumers with few options, and even less that they can feel confident in. An excellent start for those who find themselves faced with this dilemma is to learn how to make homemade THC products. Now that the warmer temperatures are here, even vaping marijuana can make you break a sweat and those delicious sweet edibles recipes that so many starts out with will be little more than a puddle after any kind of traveling. This recipe can help to solve all those problems and more. Here, we will cover how to make THC spray, many different ways to use it, and some of the benefits that this type of cannabis-infused liquid can offer.
How to make THC spray
Not a huge fan of mint flavor? No problem! You can use any natural flavorings that you like, including orange, grapefruit, lemon, kiwi, lime, mint, cinnamon, and more.
- 2 ounces of high-quality cannabis
- high-grade alcohol (40% or higher and enough to fill one jar)
- 2 resealable glass jars
- 3 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 spray bottle
- 1 baking pan
- 1 weed grinder
- 1 elastic
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 525 degrees Farenheight.
- Grind the cannabis and remove any seeds.
- Prepare a pan by placing a layer of parchment paper over the top, before spreading the marijuana grind across it.
- Now bake the bud grind in the preheated oven for 5 full minutes. This step is necessary to activate the THC, which is initially THCA. The mixture will not have the same potent effects if it does not undergo this process, which is called decarboxylation.
- Once the cannabis has been decarboxylated, you can pour it into one of the sealable glass jars.
- Fill the container of marijuana to the brim with alcohol, and seal it shut.
- Shake the jar for several minutes, to thoroughly combine the plant materials and alcohol.
- Store the sealed glass jar in a cool dark place for three weeks. Remove it on occasion to shake the contents before placing it back into safe storage. The mixture must sit for three weeks, or it will not contain all of the cannabinoids, so if you try to use it sooner, it may provide some relief but will be nowhere near as strong as it will be after sitting for the required length of time.
- After three weeks (or longer) retrieve the jar and open up the lid.
- Use an elastic to hold several layers of cheesecloth over the spout of the jar.
- Slowly strain out the liquid from one container into a clean, fresh one.
- Once all the cash has been removed, you can use the cheesecloth to squeeze out any remaining extract from the plant material, before disposing of it.
- Add the mint leaves to the freshly strained tincture and seal the jar.
- Store the sealed jar for two additional weeks in a dark, cool place.
- Once the mint has had enough time to flavor the tincture, it can be pulled out of storage and poured into small mister bottles for quick and easy use.
How to use THC spray
This THC spray is incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of different ways, but each one will produce a very different kind of results, so you may want to select a treatment option based on your individual needs. Recreational consumers will benefit from oral ingestion, while medicinal patients might benefit from either way, depending on the severity and type of symptoms that they are experiencing.
2-4 mists of this THC spray can be directly applied to the tongue, back of the throat, or gums.
2-4 doses of the THC spray can be applied directly to any spot on the body to treat issues where they occur. A higher 8-10 veils of mist can make the perfect addition to any bath, foot soak, or massage for added pleasure.
Marijuana edibles aren’t all going to benefit from the addition of this spray, as it does come equipped with a strong taste thanks to the alcohol. However, it can be added to any of your favorite drinks, including cocktails, coffee, tea, juice, smoothies, and shakes.
The benefits and effects
The impact of your THC spray will very much depend on the marijuana strain that you choose to make it with. The most important thing to remember is that, when ingested orally, THC products can take a while to kick in, and even longer to wear off. The effects of this method of ingestion can be compared to smoking or vaping of vaping marijuana, only stronger. When applied topically, THC will produce a soothing, therapeutic level of relief, without the stereotypical head high.