How to make space cake
Space Cake, AKA Cannabis Cake is more of a general term than it is a specific recipe. Space cakes are muffins, cakes, and other baked goods like pastries that are made using cannabutter. It’s widely up for debate when it comes to just what kind of cannabutter you should use, with many claiming that a true Space Cake must be made with cannabutter that has been infused using hash rather than dried bud. Using hash will provide a more potent product, but for the recipes included here, you can use any cannabutter.
Space Cake Recipe
The most delicious cannabis cake will be made using only the best ingredients, and the most delightful cake recipes you can think of with the only catch being there must be a butter or oil ingredient that cannabutter can be used as a substitution for. This Space Cake recipe is easy to follow and a simple vanilla batter that can be flavored to your preference with almost any topping.
- 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose white flour
- ½ cup of white milk (any kind)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of cannabutter
- Preferred additions such as chocolate chips, peanut butter, cocoa, caramel, etc.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium sized cake pan
- 1 mixing tool
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- Oven mitts
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt cannabutter using a microwave safe bowl on the lowest heat possible. Letting your cannabutter sit out to reach room temperature before using is ideal.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Slowly add cannabutter, milk, and eggs to the dry ingredients. Mix by gently folding the batter from the outside in.
- Add any flavoring you like including the vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Use a small amount of butter to grease a medium-sized baking pan. Now pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack of an oven.
- Using oven mitts remove the hot cake from the baking pan onto a plate. The cake will be easiest to remove intact when fresh and this will also allow it to cool faster.
- After approximately one hour it should be cool enough to refrigerate. Cover and place in the fridge for one hour before adding additional toppings like icing.
How To Make Space Cakes With Cake Mix
Not all of us are great with baking our cakes from scratch, so for those looking for something a little simpler we include this cannabis cake made with boxed cake mix recipe. It can be entirely personalized by using any standard box cake mix.
- 1 box of cake mix (one that requires water, oil, and eggs)
- Milk (enough to replace the water needed)
- Eggs (one more than the boxed mix calls for)
- Cannabutter (replacing the amount of oil the recipe calls for x2. So if the box requires ¼ cup you would add ½ cup of cannabutter)
- Baking pan (whatever size the box requires)
- Mixing tool
- 1 large mixing bowl
This recipe requires you follow the exact directions on the box of whatever mix you choose. You will just need to substitute all wet ingredients as instructed above. Add enough milk to replace the water: Cannabutter, enough to replace the oil x2, and 1 or 2 extra eggs. Because of this cake’s density, it may require an additional 10-15 minutes to cook thoroughly so keep an eye on it. The best way to tell it is done is by using a toothpick inserted into the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s time to take it out, if not add five minutes.
Effects/Dosing for Space Cakes
As a rule, dosing should be separated by portions. One portion, which is likely smaller than you might think, is an excellent starting point. Pay attention to the recipes you use. If it says that it makes 12 portions, then divide it into twelve servings. Allow at least 3-4 hours to fully feel the effects before ingesting more. The effects of Space Cakes are considered intense and long-lasting. Consumers should be aware that it can take up to twelve hours to completely wear off.