How to make CBD or THC infused tacos
A lot of people start out assuming that CBD or THC edibles come in the form of sweet treats that are easy to throw together, there are many more cannabis recipes out there that include mouth-watering meats, and other main dishes that we all know and love. Once you get the hang of making easy to follow cannabis recipes, you will eventually break out into the new and exciting world of creating your marijuana edibles from scratch. It’s super easy to do once you realize that all it takes is a little bit of basic knowledge on boiling points for cannabinoids, and how to recreate the texture and taste that you are aiming for. One of the most popular throw-together meals for a family dinner or game night is tacos, and they are a people pleaser for sure. No matter what your guests might like, a taco dinner provides options that allow for complete personalization of the taste, with only one consistent, and that is the ground beef. Here we will show you how to infuse the meat with either cannabinoid and once you are done, THC or CBD edibles will feel much less daunting the next time you want to throw together an extra special meal.
The base of infusion
This is where the real magic happens, and whether you enjoy the benefits of CBD or THC edibles, how you create the infused product is going to make a world of difference. The trick is to choose the correct marijuana strains when infusing your butter or oil. If you prefer THC edibles, than you will want to select a strain that produces high amounts of the cannabinoid. For CBD edibles, it can be a bit more challenging, but you will need to find a kind that provides the element in sufficient amounts. If the strain you choose has high CBD and THC, it will result is the effects of both, so if you are trying to avoid the psychoactive qualities of cannabis, then it’s a good idea to be incredibly selective, and choose a type that has less than 3% THC.
How to infuse ground beef with cannabinoids
To begin, you will need to have on hand some cannabis-infused butter or oil, so if you don’t, be sure to check out our cannabutter recipes before moving on.
- ¾ cup of cannabutter (or cannabis infused oil)
- 1 pound of ground beef (defrosted)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- ½ of one small can of tomato paste
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 large frying pan (or wok)
- 1 spatula
- 1 glass or metal bowl
- Peel and dice the onion and crush the garlic cloves in preparation for cooking.
- Add half of the cannabutter (or oil) to a frying pan and set it to medium heat.
- Once the oils begin to sizzle, you can add the onions, and sauté them until they start to turn transparent.
- Once finished, place the onions in a small glass or metal bowl.
- Now pour the tomato sauce, garlic, and spices into the bowl, over the cooked onions, and combine them before setting the bowl aside.
- Add the rest of the cannabutter to the frying pan before adding in the ground beef.
- Slowly chop up the ground beef and cook it until it browns over medium heat.
- Once the hamburger has browned, turn the burner down to low, and dump in the bowl of ingredients.
- Cover and allow the mixture to simmer for 15 minutes before serving.
Infused taco topping options
- cannabis-infused cheese
- cannabis-infused sour cream
- cannabis-infused salsa
- cannabis-infused guacamole
Plain taco topping options
- sour cream