How to make cannabutter
A cannabutter recipe is a great place to start in the process of making all your cannabis recipes.
No longer do we have to light the scented candle or perhaps put a towel under the door frame to stop the pungent aromas of cannabutter production. Cannabis and its use are legal in Canada. Cannabutter allows for the baking of many edibles. Cannabis recipes are on the rise; people are choosing to eat or drink their cannabis, whether it be for medicinal use or recreational enjoyment.
Let's make sure that we choose a cannabis strain that fits what effects we are looking for whether you want a sativa strain for energy or your favorite indica strain for that deep relaxing body high. Or maybe you prefer and a bit of both supplied with a hybrid. Whatever strain you choose to use for your cannabutter recipe, it needs to be activated or decarboxylated to feel the effects of the THC psychoactive effects.
Decarboxylating your marijuana
The following is a simple and efficient method of making cannabutter that can be stored safely for later use in all your edibles.
- 1 ounce of cannabis trim
- 1 pound of salted butter
- Cookie sheet
- Pot of boiling water
- Stirring spoon
- Break or grind your herb to a consistency similar to oregano
- Spread the ground herb onto your cookie sheet
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 210F
- Stir occasional o the cookie sheet
- Remove from the oven in about 45 minutes
Be prepared for the pungent smell that you and any close neighbors will have for the next four hours.
Moving on now to the next step:
- Fill the pot to 1/3 full of the activated cannabis.
- Add one cup of butter for every four cups of water
- Place pot on a burner at the highest temperature available bringing mixture to a hot boil.
- Allow mixture to boil for 4 hours stirring when needed.
- You will need to add water as it evaporates, and the pot level diminishes.
- Remove from heat, when safe for you to touch we can begin the straining product.
- Now we can move on to the straining of the mixture which will separate the solid from the liquid.
- Any remaining butter left in the pot when cool enough can be squeezed with your hand ensuring all the remaining butter is included in the container that you have strained the liquid into.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for overnight.
- In the morning, remove the dish from the refrigerator and carefully remove the separated butter from the water. Try to slip a knife down the side of the solid butter which will help in the removing of the butter from the water. Discard the water and wipe any debris from the bottom of the solid butter.
- Store the cannabutter in a container in the fridge if using within the next week. You can also freeze the butter in the refrigerator for up to six months.
Use your cannabutter for this simple recipe:
• Pre-heated oven
• 2 glass bowls
• Cookie sheet
• Parchment paper
• Small glass pan
• Spatula for stirring the mixture
• A ¾ cup of cannabutter
• 2 medium organic eggs
• 1 cup of packed natural cane sugar
• A ¾ cup of white sugar
• 11/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla
• 21/4 cups of unbleached flour
• A ¾ teaspoonful of baking soda pinch of salt
• 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Grease the cookie sheets or cover them with parchment paper.
- In a small pan melt the cannabutter.
- In a large glass bowl combine the eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl whisk in the melted cannabutter till a smooth consistency is reached.
- In the remaining bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Only stir till the ingredients are combined do not over-stir.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 28 spoonfuls and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven allow to cool on countertop.
- Store in glass airtight container for use in the future.
28 oz of weed used in this recipe will provide 1 gram portions when the recipe is complete with 28 servings or cookies.