How to make bubble hash
Out of all the different marijuana concentrates out there, bubble hash is the most popular of them all. It’s incredibly easy to make and is one of the most concentrated forms of THC you can achieve in such a small amount of time. The method of extraction used to make bubble hash is also completely safe making it perfect for beginners and seasoned users alike.
What is bubble hash?
Bubble hash is a marijuana concentrate that contains an average of 60% THC. It has a hard consistency and resembles large pieces of granules like Himalayan salts with tinges of yellow, brown, and pink commonly present.
Making bubble hash
If you are making bubble hash for the first time, the entire process right from the initial purchases may seem a bit nerve-racking. Rest assured that the entire operation is completely safe and can be completed outdoors to keep any mess contained. To begin, you will need a few basics including some high-quality herb and a set of bubble bags. Bubble hash bags will generally come in a set and can look like bags or buckets depending on the brand you choose. Either will provide the same results; the buckets are just a little easier to work with.
- 1 bucket
- 1 mixing tool
- 1 ounce of cannabis
- 1 set of bubble bags
- ice cubes (enough to fill the bucket)
- Use the largest 25-micron bubble bag to line a plastic bucket and place the rest inside of it ending with the 220 bag.
- Fill the bucket halfway full of cold water.
- Now put your dry cannabis inside of bubble bag.
- Fill the bucket the rest of the way with ice cubes.
- Using a stirring tool to mix the liquid ice mixture for 25 minutes. You can add more ice to maintain the lowest temperature which will give you the best results.
- Pull each bubble bag out one at a time allowing each one to rest above the bucket long enough to drain.
- Flip the bags inside out on a clean flat surface as they are pulled from the bucket. The concentrate will all empty out so be ready to collect it as you go.
- Once you are finished, you will have a pile of damp pure bubble hash concentrate.
How to dry bubble hash
When it comes to the drying process for bubble hash a lot of people will try to rush it instead of waiting. You should never apply heat to a bubble hash concentrate as it can risk the quality and taste of the end product, but there are a few steps you can take to avoid mold potential and enjoy your product asap.
- parchment paper
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 plastic or metal card
- freshly pressed bubble hash concentrate
- Place 1 sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Dump the fresh bubble hash onto the middle of the paper.
- Use a metal or plastic card to break up the chunks of the crystal and slowly spread it out.
- Take a fresh layer of parchment paper and press down on the bubble hash. This will absorb most of the moisture almost immediately.
- Remove the second layer and break apart the pieces again.
- Repeat the process with a fresh sheet of parchment paper twice more.
- Once you are finished the bubble hash should be a relatively dry powder that no longer sticks together in large clumps. If that isn’t the case for you, then perform another press or two until it feels dry to the touch.
- One final time you will need to spread out the bubble hash over top of a fresh piece of parchment paper, and within 6 hours it should be bone dry and ready for storage.