Homemade sugar-free candy edibles
Sugar-free marijuana edibles are a great way for cannabis users to enjoy marijuana without smoking, vaping or sugar. Whether you are using cannabis infused edibles for recreational or medical use, this method of consuming cannabis can be discreet, potent and healthy at the same time.
Before we can begin to make our marijuana edibles, we need to decarboxylate our cannabis. This is a process in which we activate the THC contained in the cannabis. This is necessary for the cannabis used in an edible to have psychoactive qualities. The strain of cannabis that we use will affect the potency of the edible, and the terpenes of the herb will enhance the finished sugar-free marijuana edible that we are making. This step should be performed the day before you are making your cannabis infused sugar-free edible.
Let’s get the necessary equipment that we will need for our cannabis infused healthy sugar-free edibles — what a mouthful.
• Good size saucepan
• Plastic long-handled spatula
• Glass bowl
• Glass sealed container
• Cookie sheet
• Parchment paper
• Foil paper
• 200F degree oven
Ingredients for our decarboxylated coconut-infused oil:
• 1 ounce of your bud (I might suggest a nice lemon-flavored strain perhaps Lemon Haze)
• 2 cups of organic coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract or a vanilla bean
Let’s get started:
- Pre-heat your oven to 200F
- Line the cookie sheet with the parchment paper
- Spread your ground bud evenly on the cookie sheet cover with tin foil
- Place in pre-heated oven on the middle rack
- Rotate the bud every 15 mins
- Remove bud from oven after 1 hour
Now we are ready to infuse our coconut-oil.
- First put your organic coconut oil in the pan then your weed and vanilla extract
- Put the pan on the stove on a lower setting, stirring occasionally
- This mixture will stay on the stove covered for three hours
- Let mixture cool to touch and strain into the cheesecloth covered glass container you will store your oil in.
- Discard the plant material
- Mission accomplished cannabis-infused coconut oil
Lemon-oatmeal sugar-free edible recipe
• 1 cup almond flour
• 1 cup oatmeal
• 1tsp baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup unsweetened fresh applesauce
• ¼ cup spring water
• 1/3 cup coconut cannabis-infused oil
• 2 eggs
• ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix well once, and once again it is important that all ingredients are mixed together evenly for correct dosing of the edible. Spoon by the teaspoon onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place on middle rack in pre-heated 375-degree oven for 10 to 15 mins. This should make about 35 cookies.
Perhaps you would like to try to make some weed candy. We need to make a tincture first. The simple method is to put your best ground, decarboxylated bud into pure grain alcohol. Leave this mixture in the closet or dark cupboard for about 4 weeks. The mixture now will be ready to strain through the cheesecloth into a glass container. This is your liquid marijuana or tincture.
We will need this equipment and these ingredients for our weed candy:
- Gummy bear molds
- 1 ounce of tincture
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of gelatin
- 1 cup of mixed fruit juice
- Boil your fruit juice salt and honey.
- Whisk in the gelatin and stir for 5 or 6 mins.
- Now add the tincture, stir well.
- Remove from stove and spoon mixture into the molds.
- Place mold in the fridge for thirty mins.
- Remove from the fridge and store in an airtight glass container.
To test your gummy try one, wait for the results before taking any more. Remember it is better to go slow and enjoy your edibles, be smart and patient to achieve the best results of your hard work!