High protein CBD ice cream cake dessert recipe
If looking to cut calories and is seeking just a plain infused ice cream, then this CBD ice cream recipe will work perfectly. The best part is, it’s all made using only a blender for assistance, so no fancy kitchen equipment is needed to pull this off. To infuse these dishes, you will need CBD oil that’s been made using either coconut or olive oil, as either one will pair nicely with this combination.
CBD brownie recipe (layer 1)
Since these CBD edibles are frozen, it is essential to start with the softest and moistest brownie for the base layer. Otherwise, you will have difficulty in slicing the cake to serve it. This CBD brownie recipe is perfect on its own or even as an addition to many other popular infused desserts.
• 1 ¼ cup applesauce
• 1 cup peanut butter
• ⅓ cup cocoa
• 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• ½ teaspoon CBD honey
• 1 teaspoon CBD oil (coconut or olive)
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 9x12 baking dish
• 1 large mixing bowl
• 1 whisk
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and combine them until the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
- Pour the CBD edibles batter into a baking dish and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven, and allow them to cool entirely before moving onto the next step.
CBD ice cream recipe (layer 2)
This chocolate CBD ice cream recipe is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth and comes jam-packed full of proteins that are good for you. There is no longer any reason to feel guilty if the brownies that you make are from this health-conscious modified version of a traditional comfort food.
Makes: 1 cup of CBD ice cream
Duration: 4 hours 10 minutes
• ¾ cups of white milk (or another milk alternative)
• ⅔ cups of chocolate protein powder (whey)
• 2 tablespoons of CBD infused honey (or regular honey)
• 6 ounces of dark chocolate
• 5 teaspoons of CBD oil (coconut or olive)
• 1 blender
• 1 small microwave-safe bowl
• 1 spoon
• 1 freezer-safe container
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate to the blender.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe dish on high and heat in 30-second intervals until it reaches a smooth and liquid consistency.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the blender with the rest of the ingredients and combine on high for 1-2 minutes or until evenly mixed.
- Pour the CBD ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe dish and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or until set.
Topping recipe (layer 3)
The third and final layer is a light, fluffy mixture that is made using cool whip that stays soft and helps to protect the texture of the ice cream layer underneath while it’s being stored away in the freezer.
• 1 1-liter container of cool whip
• 1 teaspoon of CBD oil (coconut or olive)
• 1 medium mixing bowl
• 1 large spoon (or rubber spatula)
- Add the cool whip to a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the CBD oil over the cool whip and gently fold it into the mixture.
- Return the cool whip to its container in the freezer, until the rest of the ingredients are ready.
How to make a CBD ice cream layer cake
Here is where the magic truly happens, as all the CBD edibles layers are combined.
You will need:
• 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Once all the ingredients have set, retrieve the brownie layer and ice cream from the freezer.
- Scoop the CBD ice cream out of the container and onto the brownie layer.
- Use a spoon or spatula to spread the ice cream around until there is a smooth surface.
- Take the CBD infused cool whip and spoon it generously onto the ice cream layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly across the surface of the cool whip layer.
- Cover the cake and freeze for at least 45 minutes to set, before serving.