Cooking and baking with vaped weed
Most stoners know how to conserve weed when times get hard. The most broke among us can relate to gathering small roaches together or scraping the bowl of our bongs in a desperate attempt for a toke. What most don’t realize is that vaped weed leaves behind a similar resin that you would find in any used bong or pipe only it’s much cleaner and purer while also being trapped inside semi-burnt plant matter remains. While that may come as a shock to those, who pride themselves in the efficiency of their vapes to extract as much of the THC as possible it is true that even the very best vapes will leave behind a bit of wasted THC.
What is vaped weed?
Vaped weed is vaporizer leftovers. It is the sticky, grainy brownish substance that is left behind after you have run some herb through your vaporizer. Generally, vaped weed will still contain anywhere from 20%-30% of the THC that was in the bud before it was vaporized.
Can you smoke vaped weed?
The answer to this will depend on who you ask. Some cannabis users would never dream of smoking it which is why they toss it in the trash, but that is only because they aren't aware of exactly how much they are wasting. Vaped weed will not be as potent as the original product but will burn and can be smoked to utilize the remaining THC. It can be rolled into a joint or smoked in a bowl and will be effective with the only drawback being the taste. Since the green has already been heated the terpenes will have been damaged, so the flavor isn’t exactly sought after, but smoking vaped weed will do the trick in a pinch.
Cooking or baking with vaped weed
One of the biggest perks to using vaped weed for edibles is that the THC is already fully activated. Since the bud had already undergone decarboxylation when it was heated by the vaporizer, there is no additional cooking required, unlike recipes that utilize fresh cannabis. The filtering process needed to make the vaped weed into a cannabutter or vape coconut oil helps to weaken the burnt taste, and the results are usually a potent blend that can be added to any of your favorite recipes.
How to make vape coconut oil
Vape coconut oil is just an infused oil and is made the same way you would any cannabis infused oil.
- 3-7 grams of vaped weed
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 medium-sized pot
- 1 mixing tool
- 1 mason jar
- 1 elastic
- Add both the vaped weed and coconut oil to a medium sized pot and turn the burner to low heat.
- Simmer while occasionally stirring for 2 hours.
- Remove from heat and allow ten minutes to cool.
- Place one layer of cheesecloth over a mason jar and use an elastic to keep it in place.
- Slowly pour the mixture through the cheesecloth to filter out any plant material.
- Once the oil has all strained give the cheesecloth a squeeze over the jar to collect the remaining liquid it has absorbed before you throw it away.
- Seal the mason jar and store your vape coconut oil in a dark, cool place until you are ready to use it.
Double chocolate vaped weed brownies recipe
You won’t even know these vaped weed brownies were made with anything but the best. They are potent and delicious. Chocolate is one of the most effective flavors at hiding the distinctive marijuana flavor that often comes with edibles making it one of the most common flavors of edibles on the market today.
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee
- ½ cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of vape coconut oil
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 mixing tool
- 1 brownie baking pan
- 1 spatula
- parchment paper
- microwave-safe bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine them.
- Add your vape coconut oil and chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds at a time for 1-2 minutes until they are completely melted.
- While the chocolate is hot add the white granulated sugar and eggs to the bowl and mix well.
- Now it’s time to combine the dry ingredients with the wet ones. Slowly pour the liquid into the powder mixing as you go until it is all combined.
- Use parchment paper to line a brownie pan.
- Pour brownie batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooked allow your freshly baked vaped weed brownies at least 30 minutes to cool before cutting and serving. This recipe should make 6-8 brownies.