Cannabutter infused organic pasta
If you like the feeling and the benefits that are derived from cannabis but don’t like to smoke this method of consumption is for you.
Cooking happens to be a favorite hobby and a necessity for many. The incorporation of cannabis into your culinary delights is going to make the whole process more rewarding. So, whatever your reason for not smoking the green herb, this method will arouse your taste buds and amaze your guests.
As with all good recipes,there is a stable beginning to build from. Cooking with marijuana is no different.
- For our weed to be active in our cooking, we need to decarboxylate it. This is accomplished by spreading our buds on a cookie sheet, put in a low oven 210 degrees for about 45 mins. Take time to turn over the buds.
- After the 45 mins have passed remove herb from the oven. You now have your base on which we can build our culinary delight.
- The baked herb will now be combined with unsalted butter and water. Cook the mixture on low heat being careful never to let the mixture boil. This process will take about 2-3 hours.
- After allotted time remove mixture from the heat when cool enough to handle pour the mixture into a glass bowl through the cheesecloth to separate the plant matter.
- Now put the bowl in the fridge to separate the water and butter. When separated discard the water. You now have your finished base product.
Moving forward: We will now make our cannabis pasta dish.
• Melt 3 teaspoonfuls of cannabutter in a pot
• Add your seasonings, salt cracked pepper, oregano garlic chili peppers, and parmesan cheese
• Set aside the mixture
• In another pot boil your organic homemade spaghetti or noodles of choice.
• Drain noodles when cooked and add them to your seasoned mixture with the cannabutter.
• Return pot to the hot stove, stir to combine all ingredients and serve warm
Voila, your cannabutter pasta or marijuana spaghetti, whatever you’ve made is ready!
Perhaps you would like to serve a delicious green salad to accompany your cannabis pasta dish. Prepare your greens and drizzle them with some cannabis infused oil and vinegar dressing. An easy way to infuse your salad dressing is to use your cannabutter recipe but substitute virgin coconut oil for the butter. Remember to add some fresh ground pepper and salt to the vinaigrette.
How much cannabutter to eat
When using canna butter in any recipe, one must be mindful of the dose that you will be serving. This recipe for cannabutter utilizes 1/8 of bud per stick of butter. You may wonder how much canna butter to eat to enjoy your evening. The rule is to go slow. Your pasta dish should contain 5 mg of THC per person. This is a good starting level of THC in food. The dose is good for the budding cannabis connoisseurs. Remember too much cannabis at a time can produce unwanted feelings.
Another point to remember when you are consuming edibles is the time frame. Edibles take longer for the effects to take place. It is not unusual for the effects from an edible to take up to 45 minutes. Enjoy!