Canna syrup is an easy to make addition to edibles. It is perfect to add to your beverages as well. Weed syrup could easily become the staple that you reach for when you want a little extra something in your tea. Perhaps you could add some syrup to that hot Toddie that your parents used to take for that cold they always seemed to have on a Friday night. You could even try making a cannabis-infused cocktail with the syrup. There’s a lot of great recipes out there that you could jazz up with some weed syrup.
How to make THC syrup:
• 2 cups of spring filtered water
• 3 cups of sugar
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerine
• 3 grams of finely chopped herb
• 1 bottle
• 1 pan
• 1 strainer
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a pan, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Now add your cannabis.
- Cover the pot and let it boil gently for about half an hour. This will decarboxylate your herb, and the THC will begin to transfer into the syrup.
- Keep the liquid boiling low. You will be adding the glycerine when you have reduced the temperature.
- Let the mixture keep boiling at low for another six to seven minutes.
- Stir the mixture every minute. Let the mixture cool. You should be left with about 3 cups of infused syrup.
The uses for this syrup are unlimited. A 5 mg limit is suggested for this syrup. Start low and go slow when indulging in infused edibles. Remember this syrup counts as an edible.
Things you could add some cannabis syrup to:
If you are looking for a refreshing cold drink try bubbly spring water with a slice of lemon and a dash of your canna syrup, add plenty of ice.
If you are looking for a nutty maple flavor additive to your daily diet here is a recipe for you:
• 3.5 grams of decarboxylated marijuana
• ½ cup organic coconut oil
• 11 ounces of pure maple syrup
Steps to make your maple canna syrup:
- Mix your cannabis and coconut oil n a canning jar and seal tightly
- Boil a pot of water, add the canning jar, make sure the water covers the jar and simmer for 2 hours
- Remove jar from water, let cool and strain the oil with cheesecloth as a strainer into a glass jar
- In a bowl combine the pure maple syrup with one ounce of the marijuana oil, mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a container and use it in your cocktails or as a topping on your morning pancake.
If you would like to try a pre-made syrup, Azuca makes a product you might enjoy.
Azuca syrups are made with quality ingredients. The addition of these syrups to your smooths and milkshakes are amazing. The syrups come in flavors like pomegranate lemon and orange.
Remember that using a marijuana syrup is faster acting than edibles. If you choose to use syrup as a form of medicating yourself, discuss your use with your physician. If you are using a THC syrup for recreational purposes, go slow. Alcohol and THC syrup are a great recreational treat, they up the whole experience of infused drinks. Remember to indulge responsibly and enjoy!