Spicy marijuana infused chicken wings
Who can say no to some delicious chicken wings? These wings will leave you wanting more with a relaxed, warm feeling. Cannabis infused chicken wings are a great treat to make yourself or friends and family. Here's a great recipe for making some delicious spicy wings.
As with any great recipes there is some preparation needed before we can start to assemble our dish.
• We need to decarboxylate our marijuana without this step our dish would not have the effects we are aiming for. There are many ways of decarboxylating the herb, below is one I use
• We need to season our chicken wings
• Prepare our spicy infused hot sauce
Decarboxylating our marijuana
- Let’s start with pre-heating the oven to 210 degrees
- Spread your ground up (not too fine) herb. If you want this is the time to use your shake from harvesting.
- Make sure you spread it evenly, and every 20 mins turn or flip over the herb. Continue this for about 1 hour.
Remove your herb after the allotted time. Your herb will feel crispy, and you will notice a color change.
- 1 cup of virgin coconut oil.
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 1 cup of herb
Steps to infuse our coconut oil
- In a saucepan combine your weed, oil and water, heat on a low heat for 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture is cool enough to handle safety, strain the mixture into a glass container.
- Use cheesecloth to assist with the straining. Squeeze your cheesecloth to remove all of the coconut oil and deposit in the bowl.
- Now we can discard the plant matter along with the cheesecloth.
- Place the container with the mixture in the fridge.
- When cooled enough the oil and water will separate. You can now scoop off the hardened oil and throw away the dirty water.
- You have your canna oil ready for using when making any cannabis infused recipe.
Next, let’s move on to another main ingredient, the chicken. I like to leave my chicken wings whole but feel free to cut of the tips and split the wings if you choose.
We are going to season our chicken before we cook it so while our coconut oil is infusing, we will be doing this important step.
Combine herbs listed below and chicken in a large glass bowl your chicken:
• 1 lime juice
Allow your chicken to sit and marinate while you are waiting for you infused oil to be perfected.
This part of the chicken wing preparation takes time but that aside we cannot cook our wings without seasoning them.
While we are waiting for the chicken to marinate about 2-hours, we will prepare our dusting powder. In a large zip-loc bag combine:
• 1 cup flour
• 2 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon of salt, chili pepper, and parsley powder
Add marinated chicken to bag and shake, remove from the bag after wings are dusted.
You have your deep fryer preheating to 400 for frying your wings. While your oil is preheating,you will be mixing the spicy infused hot sauce in a bowl.
Infused spicy hot sauce ingredients
• Your infused canna-oil
• Hot sauce about 1 cup you can use Franks Hot Sauce
• Freshly chopped parsley
• Finely chopped sweet red peppers
Fry your wings for 12 mins approx., remove from oil and place in the bowl with your hot sauce canna oil, red peppers, and parsley. Mix well making sure all the wings are covered in your delicious hot and spicy marijuana infused sauce. Serve your delicious spicy edibles on a long white plate decorated with carrot and celery julienne accompanied with a wonderful cooling cucumber dressing and enjoy!