Cannabis infused vegetarian spaghetti recipe
Looking for a way to turn cannabis edibles into a more formal, elegant type of experience? Well, look no further, as this vegetarian pasta is loaded with nutrient-rich veggies. Though most meat-free spaghetti dishes are thin and bare-boned, it won’t take much of this one to fill you; The heartiness of the sauce is far greater than anything you’d ever find in traditional meatballs and pasta sauce. With 1.5 full pounds of all-natural plant-based goodness and then the additional benefits that come from being cannabis infused. You just can’t go wrong with this healthy vegetarian dish.
Makes: 4 servings
Duration: 35 minutes
• 28oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
• 12 oz of pasta (any shape and or kind)
• 12 oz of jarred roasted red peppers (chopped)
• 5-6 tbsp of cannabis infused olive oil
• 5 cups of spinach
• 1 cup of cooking onions (chopped and peeled)
• 2 yellow squash (diced)
• 2 zucchini (diced)
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 3 tsp mushroom powder
• 2 tbsp of tomato paste
• ½ tsp of oregano (dry)
• ¼ teaspoon of red pepper (flakes)
• 4 basil leaves (fresh)
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• parmesan cheese to garnish
• 1 large pot
• 1 large saucepan
• 1 strainer
• 1 spatula
• 1 large spoon
- Pour the cannabis infused oil into a saucepan and set the burner to medium heat.
- Once the oil warms, add in onion, zucchini, garlic, oregano, squash, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Give the ingredients a gentle stir and cook until soft. This may take anywhere from 5-10 minutes.
- Now add the jar peppers, mushroom powder, pepper and tomato to the mixture, then combine all ingredients together.
- Cook the sauce for an additional 10 minutes and be sure to cut up the tomato chunks as they soften to get a small amount in each bite.
- As the sauce cooks, begin to prepare the pasta. Place the noodles in a large pot filled with water and follow the directions on the side of the package.
- Strain the pasta and rinse the noodles under lukewarm water to prevent sticking.
- Cover the noodles in a hearty portion of veggie sauce and serve while fresh and piping hot for the best flavor. Garnish with additions like cannabis infused cheese, parmesan cheese or other spices that you might enjoy.
Marijuana strains to compliment the flavors in vegetarian spaghetti
Most people know that the taste of cannabis edibles can be enhanced by using the right ingredients, but did you know that the strain you select will also impact the results? Though any cannabis infused oil will work for this recipe, if you have the opportunity to choose a strain, then it’s a good idea to do so with complimentary favors. Below you will find a helpful list with ideas for sweet, sour, spicy and nutty sauces.
Querkle, Northern Lights, Harley Storm, DJ Short Berry, Magnum, Glue Tech, Pacific Blue, Blue Zkittlez, Jungle Juice, Pink Sunset, A Train, 24k Gold, Shipwreck, Fire Alien Strawberry, Rare Darkness, Cactus Cooler, Illuminati OG, Bay Dream and Lake of Fire.
Neville’s Haze, Darkside OG, Quebec Gold, LA Ultra, Jack’s Cleaner, Chem’s Sister, Godzilla, Harry Potter, East Coast Sour Diesel, Zelly’s Gift, Double Diesel, Alien Sour Apple, Lemon Drop, Cambodian Haze, Frosted Freak, Kali Dog, Sierra Mist and White Haze.
Hurricane, Loud Dream, Tina Danza, Electric Lemon G, Pineapple Punch, Somango, Captain America OG, 8 Ball Kush, Flaming Cookies, Dark Side of The Moon, Afghan Kush, Mai Tai Cookies, Banana Peel, Diablo, Tickle Kush, Glad Max and Old Toby.
Sin City Kush, Green Avenger, Peyote Cookies, Big Bull, Kushashima, Sour Maui, Blackberry Hashplant, Zeus OG, 5th Element, Tiger’s Milk, Purple Tonic, Obama Kush, Anesthesia, Chocolate Diesel, Highway Man, White Durban, Garlic Bud and Riddler OG.