Cannabis infused oven baked macaroni and cheese recipe
If you are sick and tired of old-fashioned sugar-based marijuana edibles or are looking for a unique way to host an elegant evening for yourself and or your friends, then this is a dish for you. This traditional comfort food is jam-packed with calories, but we promise you it’s worth it! The best part is that we have tested and tried it with non-dairy cheese, and it worked out surprisingly well.
Don’t feel too restricted by the listed ingredients. You can personalize and change it up by adding new and exciting flavors or additions like ground hamburger, hot peppers, or barbecue sauce. The options are limitless, and for such a hearty dish, it takes under an hour to make, and you just can’t beat that.
You will need:
- 1 package of elbow macaroni
- 8 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 2 tablespoons of white onion (diced)
- 2 cups of cannamilk
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 ½ cups of mild cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup of asiago cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup of jalapeno pepper cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
- 1 large pot
- 1 strainer
- 1 saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 large baking dish
- Boil the elbow macaroni noodles in a large pot full of water according to the package instructions.
- Use a strainer to remove the water from the noodles and let them sit to cool, and you continue preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- If you haven’t already, you will need to shred and measure out all the cheese. If you are missing one of the kinds called for here, you can substitute it with whatever you have on hand. The flavor will slightly change, but it will taste amazing either way.
- Melt your cannabutter in a frying pan over a low heat.
- Once it has completely melted, you can add in the diced onions to sauté.
- Fry the onions for 3 minutes and use a spoon to scrape the edges which will prevent burning continuously.
- Raise the heat to a medium heat and add in the flour.
- Be sure to keep mixing the sauce from this point on to prevent burning. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes, or until it reaches a thick consistency that evenly coats the spoon without running off.
- Add all the shredded cheese one cup at a time, except for one cup of the 1.5 cups of cheddar cheese which must be saved and used as a topping.
- Continue to stir the cheese sauce until all the cheese pieces have melted, and there are no lumps remaining. Then remove it from the heat.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and combine them using a large spoon.
- Dump the mixture into a large baking dish and bang it on the counter a few times to pack it down.
- Add the top layer of shredded cheese and sprinkle the entire thing with the parsley flakes.
- Bake the dish in an oven for 15 minutes at 450F, or until the top forms a crust and turns a nice golden-brown color.