Cannabis infused no-bake chocolate pie
If you are searching for something more out of the box than your traditional marijuana edibles recipes like cookies or brownies, then you've come to the right place. This deep and delicious cannabis-infused chocolate pie delight will amaze guests due to the flavor that is almost indistinguishable from non-infused treats. This is thanks to the dark and rich cocoa that masks virtually anything, and the way it’s served cool with a heaping helping of cool whip helps it go down extra easy.
The biggest problem with this one is that you might have a hard time limiting yourself to just one slice. Be careful, as this pie contains enough THC for eight separate doses of approximately 60 mg of THC each which is an amount that is more recommended for experienced users. The exact THC content will depend on the medium you use to infuse it. This amount is merely a guideline and an average, as every single person will end up with a slightly different result. This recipe requires cannabutter as a base for infusion, so if you don’t have any on hand then check out our fast and easy cannabutter recipe which is perfect for any marijuana edibles recipe.
Makes: 8 servings
Takes: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 27 Oreo cookies (any kind)
- 5 tablespoons of cannabutter (room temperature)
- 4 ounces of chocolate (any kind)
- 2 ounces of chocolate chips (any kind for topping)
- 1 cup of cool whip (topping)
- 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- food processor (or ziplock baggie and rolling pin)
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 2 mixing spoons
- 1 large sharp knife
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- 1 large bowl
- 1 electric hand mixer
- 1 pie crust pan
- 1 flat spatula
- Place all of the Oreo cookies in a food processor and blend them on high for one minute. If you don’t have one available, then you can use a ziplock baggie and a rolling pin to reduce the delicious treats into a crumble.
- Dump the Oreo crumble into a medium sized mixing bowl along with soft room temperature cannabutter and mix the two using a spoon until evenly combined.
- Now take a pie pan and dump the cookie and butter mixture into the center of it.
- Use a flat spatula to press the mixture into shape, ensuring to cover the whole pan, just as you would with traditional dough.
- Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes before filling.
- Use a large sharp knife to chop up the chocolate into small pieces.
- Place those chocolate chunks into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the chocolate on high in 30 second intervals, mixing between each one to ensure nothing burns.
- Once the chocolate has melted, you can now add in the sweetened condensed milk and Cannabutter. Mix the ingredients and set the bowl aside for now.
- Take a large mixing bowl and pour in the heavy whipping cream.
- Beat the mixture on high using an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Now you can slowly add the vanilla, and icing sugar as you continue to beat the mix with a hand mixer.
- Slowly pour half of the cream ingredients into the chocolate and fold them to combine them.
- Pour the mixed layer with chocolate and cream into the center of the prepared Oreo pie crust.
- Add the remaining cream mix to the top of the pie.
- Garnish with dollops of cool whip and chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately or freeze until one hour before eating.
Suggested weed strains
For those who like to personalize the experience of marijuana edibles, playing with the type of weed strains used in making the cannabutter base can make a world of difference. Some cannabis comes equipped with sweeter aromas and flavors due to their terpene profiles, making them more ideal when granting the opportunity to make your own. Others make a more potent mix which is great for more experienced cannabis consumers. Here are just a few of the most recommended weed strains to use in chocolate-based dishes.
Blue Chocolate, Chocolate Banana Chips, Chunk Monkey, Strawberry Chocolate, White Chocolate, Birthday Cake, Chocolate Trip, Chocolate Thai, Chocolate Kush, Chocolope, and Chocolate Rain.