Cannabis infused marshmallow and rice crispy squares recipe
When it comes to marijuana edibles, the options are virtually endless, and the dosage of cannabinoids like THC can be easily adjusted to your preference. This can help to deliver a consistent level of effects that are under your control, and delicious too. Now that cannabis is legal in many regions, you have likely noticed that there are more edibles recipes online than there ever before. Though this seems to be a good thing, it is really for the less experienced consumers. Those who have dapples with concentrates for years know that the best weed-infused edibles are the ones that take the process one step further than the average Joe. Sure, you can throw cannabutter or cannabis oil into just about any recipe, and it will become an edible, but chances are, if you are only substituting one ingredient, the results will be mild effects at best. Here, we will show you how to make potent rice crispy squares that still maintain their sweet goodness by combining two different marijuana products.
Makes: 1 batch of THC marshmallows
Duration: 8-12 hours
• 3 ounces of gelatin
• 2 cups of cannabis sugar
• 1 cup of icing sugar
• 1 cup of cold water
• ⅔ cups of light corn syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon cannabutter
• 1 whisk
• 1 large mixing bowl
• 1 saucepan
• 1 candy thermometer
• 1 9x9 baking pan
- Add the gelatin and ½ cup of cold water to a large bowl then combine the ingredients until most of the crystals have dissolved.
- Pour the corn syrup, cannabis sugar, ½ cup of water, and salt to a saucepan, and set the burner to a medium heat.
- Frequently stir the mixture as it cooks, until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Set the stove to high heat and bring the temperature up to 240F.
- Once it hits that ideal temperature, it can be removed from the burner and slowly added to the bowl of ingredients, stirring the mixture with a whisk.
- Beat the mixture to whip the mixture until it is thick. This is faster with an electric mixer, and by hand may take up to 20 minutes. Keep going until it reaches a thick and moldable texture.
- Use the cannabutter to oil a baking pan, before filling it with the marshmallow batter.
- Leave the pan on the counter overnight, covered with a clean dishtowel.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar across a clean, dry surface and empty the giant marshmallow square on the top. This will help to keep them from sticking as you slice them into portions of your choosing.
Pot infused rice crispy squares
Makes: 12 squares
Duration: 40 minutes
• 6 cups of rice crispy cereal
• 1 batch of cannabis-infused marshmallows
• 3 tablespoons of cannabutter
• ½ tablespoon of cannabutter (to grease pan)
• 1 large pot
• 1 mixing tool
• 1 spatula
• 1 9x9 baking dish
- Add the cannabutter to a pot and melt it over a low heat.
- Pour in the marshmallows and stir the mixture until it turns entirely to liquid.
- Remove the pot from the heat and slowly add the crispy rice cereal, gently combining the ingredients until they are evenly blended.
- Use a small amount of cannabutter to oil the pan then pour the steaming hot mix into the pan.
- Take a flat spatula to press the surface until it is flat, and let the squares set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Marijuana strains that are perfect for this recipe
• Panama Red
• Chocolate Thunder
• Thor’s Hammer
• Honey Bananas
• Lodi Dodi - Nebula
• Kandy Kush
• Fortune Cookies
• BC Sweet Tooth
• Danky Doodle
• Cream Caramel
• Juicy Fruit
• Space Candy