Cannabis infused Greek yogurt recipe
There are so many unique and delicious marijuana edible recipes out there, but this one takes the cake and is the very best cannabis infused yogurt I have ever tried. Though this recipe does call for a step called decarboxylation, it is only necessary for those who are seeking a euphoric high. If you are hoping to indulge in some inactivated cannabinoids or would like to try a batch marijuana free, that will work too.
My favorite part about making your cannabis yogurt from scratch is that you can decide what fruit flavors go into it. Spice it up in a cup with a little oatmeal or protein for a nutrient packed snack or indulge in your sweeter side and add a few shots of chocolate flavoring for good measure. No matter what mood you are in, this recipe can be altered to suit it.
Makes: 5 servings
Takes: 1 day and 12 hours
- 4 cups of homogenized milk (3.25%)
- 6 grams of cannabis
- 1 packet of yogurt starter
- 1 frying pan
- 1 whisk
- 1 food thermometer
- 2 strainers
- 1 small bowl
- yogurt machine
- double broiler
- weed grinder
- To begin, you will need to complete a process called decarboxylation. This is where heat is used to activate the THCA inside of a marijuana plant. Since THC is not present until this process occurs, it will not get you high without it. Spread the marijuana buds across a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper and bake it at 340 F for 24 minutes.
- Once the cannabis buds have been activated, they can be ground up using a weed grinder and set aside.
- Prepare the broiler for cooking by adding the called for amount of water.
- Add both the milk, and the decarboxylated marijuana grind to the broiler, and heat it over medium heat.
- Use a food thermometer to track the climbing temperature inside of the broiler. Once it reaches 180 F, you will want to turn the heat to low and try your best to maintain that temperature for 25 minutes. It’s also a good idea to stir the mixture during this time so that it does not burn.
- Fill a kitchen sink with three inches of water and place the broiler in it to cool for five minutes.
- Strain the cannabis plant matter using a strainer lined with one or two layers of cheesecloth.
- Add three tablespoons of the white milk to the yogurt starter packet in a small bowl to dissolve it.
- Add the liquified starter to the incubation chamber along with the liquid and set your timer to 4.5 hours.
- Once the yogurt mixture has finished, it must be refrigerated for a full 7 hours to set.
- Now you can strain the cheese chunks by using a strained lined with cheesecloth.
- You will want to leave the cheese pieces in the strainer and set it inside of a bowl in the fridge for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours have passed, you can scoop the drained Greek yogurt into cups, and top or serve immediately.