Cannabis infused chocolate dipped ice cream bars recipe
This marijuana edibles recipe is delicious and can be made well in advance for larger functions or gatherings. One batch will make 9 full sized cannabis infused squares, that can serve anywhere from 9-18 people depending on how big you make them. The THC dose in this recipe is relatively high and meant for more seasoned users. If you are brand new to edibles, it might be a good idea to use only half of the called for marijuana infused ingredients, and this can be done by making up the difference with non-infused alternatives.
- 4 cups of cannabis infused vanilla ice cream (softened)
- 2 pounds of chopped up cannabis infused milk chocolate
- 1 large spoon
- 1 kitchen scale
- 1 candy thermometer
- 1 9x9 baking pan or dish
- 1 flat rubber spatula
- 2 cookie sheets
- 1 knife
- 1 saucepan
- 1 medium-sized heatproof bowl
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 cutting board
- parchment paper
- plastic wrap
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with plastic wrap.
- Add the ice cream to the baking pan using a spoon and spread it evenly across the surface using a flat spatula.
- Use a second layer of plastic wrap to cover the ice cream and use a clean spatula to press it firmly into shape.
- Freeze the ice cream brick for 3 hours.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and place them into a freezer to cool.
- Once the cannabis infused ice cream brick is solid, you can remove it as well as one pan from the freezer.
- Remove the layer of plastic covering and use the bottom layer to pull out the ice cream brick and place it into a chopping board.
- Cut the slab of marijuana ice cream into 9 or more squares.
- Use a clean spatula to place each block onto the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the cut squares for two hours, or until solid.
- Pour approximately two inches of water into a mixing bowl, and place 4 ice cubes inside of it.
- Grab a saucepan and fill it with two inches of water before putting it on a burner.
- Bring the water to a simmer over medium heat, and then reduce it to low for the next step.
- Place a heat resistant bowl into the saucepan of water and add half of the marijuana chocolate to the dish.
- Use a spoon to continually stir the mixture, and a candy thermometer to ensure it reaches 118 F.
- Once it hits 118 F, the chocolate can be tempered by placing it into the ice-cold bath until it reaches 85 F, at which point it can be returned to the saucepan along with the remaining chocolate, long enough to melt it completely.
- Now pour the chocolate over the top of the ice cream squares.
- Once they are evenly coated, you can flip the bars from the one sheet to the other that was still in the freezer up until this point using the layer of parchment paper. This will expose the uncoated side and allow you to finish the layer of dip.
- Immediately freeze the squares for at least 7 hours to ensure all the ingredients have set.