Best edibles for sleep
The very best edibles for sleep will usually incorporate a few essential things. The first is that the edibles are in a form that is easy to take, and the second is that the recipe doesn’t include stimulants such as sugars or caffeine in amounts that may have undesired effects. What is often the essential component of a good THC edible, is that it will induce a deeper and more consistent level of sleep. This is usually determined by the type of cannabis strain used to make them. Cannabis indica strains are generally used as a base in the most effective soothing recipes due to its intoxicating and sedating effects.
Indica strains for sleep
Though it is true that cannabis indica strains will most often provide sedating effects that can help to lull you off to sleep, not all indica strains act the same. This is mainly due to the various cannabinoid contents including the terpenes that can dramatically differ from one type to the next. To get the best results, it is always safest to stick with indica strains that are well known for these specific characteristics. Some of the best cannabis strains to help with sleep issues are Cherry Kush, Bubba Kush, Mochi, Amsterdam Flame, Girl Scout Cookies, Grandaddy Purple, God’s Gift, Khalifa Kush, Tahoe OG Kush, A-Dub, Ogre Kush, Skywalker OG, and Death Star.
How to make THC pills
Pills aren’t exactly edibles in the sense you might expect, but they do offer the benefit of a potent dose that is pre-measured and easy to predict. Some are fortunate enough to get a prescription from their doctor, but those can get expensive to fill. Though it will take a bit of an investment THC pills can be made in the comfort of your own home. You will need a capsule filling machine and empty cartridges that can be ordered right from Amazon for around $200.
- 12 grams of dry cannabis
- ⅓ cup of extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of soy lecithin
- 50 empty capsules
- Capsule filler machine
- 1 large pot with lid
- 1 glass bowl
- 1 cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 elastic
- 1 silicone spatula
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 10mm syringe
- 1 grinder
- Set an oven to 250 F and leave to preheat.
- Grind your cannabis using a grinder.
- Lay a single sheet of parchment paper over a cookie sheet and spread the bud grind over it.
- Bake the ground bud for 35 minutes to activate the THC. This process is called decarboxylation.
- Fill 1 large pot with water about ¾ of the way full and bring it to a slow boil over medium heat.
- Pour both the soy lecithin and coconut oil into the glass bowl and set it in the pot. The rims of both the bowl and pot must line up properly and be around the same size. Otherwise, the bowl will just sink to the bottom.
- Turn the heat down to low and heat the oil for 10 minutes using the steam from the pot.
- Now dump in the decarboxylated bud grind and give it a light stir with a silicone spatula.
- Continue to cook over low heat for 1 full hour. Be sure to check the water level regularly to avoid any burning.
- Once the infusion has completed, you can turn off the heat and prepare your capsule machine.
- Load the empty capsules into the filling device.
- Use 1 layer of cheesecloth and place it over the smaller glass bowl using an elastic to hold it in place.
- Slowly pour the oil through the cheesecloth until it has all been filtered. This removes all the excess plant material that is now just taking up space.
- Fill a syringe with the infused oil once the mixture has dropped below 100 C or it might melt the caps as you fill them. Now use the tip to fill each capsule one at a time capping each one as you finish. Keep filling them until you use up all the oil.
- These THC pills can be stored in a regular medicine bottle or resealable mason jar in a cool dark place for up to 6 months.
How to use THC Pills to sleep
It will be difficult to ascertain just how potent your homemade capsules are without testing them. It is recommended to start with one pill one full hour before you would normally head to bed to give it time to kick in. If after one week you do not see the desired effects, you can up your dose by one pill. It is not recommended to exceed three THC pills in 24 hours.
THC infused honey cream nightcap recipe
This recipe is delicious and soothing even without the addition of THC. It is a bit calorie-heavy, but that just helps to keep the stomach full as you drift off to into a deep restful state. Using THC infused honey, you can make some of the best edibles for sleep, and it stores well for long periods of time making it an easy thing to keep on hand to enjoy in a multitude of recipes or drinks you might enjoy. If you need a little direction, you can check out our THC Honey Recipe for the easiest way to make THC infused honey.
Makes: 1 cup
- 1 ½ ounce of Botanical Spirits
- 1 ounce of heavy cream
- 1 egg white
- 1 oz of THC infused honey
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 glass
- Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and mix them for one full minute.
- Strain the mixture over top of a few ice cubes in a glass.