How to roll a backroll joint (an inside out)
Whether you enjoy recreational weed or require a few puffs from time to time for medicinal reasons, learning how to roll the perfect joint can make the entire experience more enjoyable. The trouble is that it can be challenging to decide on just one type of roll when there are hundreds to choose from. There are the most basic cannabis rolls that do the job in a relatively short period of time, and then there are more artistic designs that can be time-consuming but offer a visually appealing aspect to smoking marijuana that cannot be recreated any other way. If you don’t have stellar rolling skills than you are probably going to want to stick with the most straightforward methods, and as long as you have mastered a regular straight joint roll, this one should be no trouble at all.
You will need:
- 1 gram of cannabis
- tobacco (optional)
- 1 weed grinder
- 1 king-sized marijuana rolling paper
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 joint filter paper
- Start out by preparing the filter paper. A lot of people make the mistake of figuring out how to roll a joint, and then end up stuck when the paper is filled and ready to be twisted up. Though it will not keep its shape, the creases that are made now will help a lot once it comes time for insertion, as you will be able to roll it up and press it in with only one hand. I prefer to make an M shape by folding the tip paper back and forth until you can see a small M and then finishing it by wrapping the outside of the M one time. Once complete, set it aside for later.
- Next, you will need to get out a weed grinder and bust up the cannabis buds. It’s always a good idea to filter through the bud grind and remove any stems or seeds that might either negatively affect the taste, explode as you are smoking, or poke holes into the paper as it’s being rolled or handled.
- Once the fresh cannabis is ground up and ready, it is time to pull one king size rolling paper from the pack.
- Flip the paper upside down and fold the crease so that the glue strip is on the outside facing you.
- Now you can add in tobacco and or cannabis and set the filter at one end.
- Use your thumbs and forefingers to pack the bud grind down into the paper.
- Once you are satisfied with the tightness of the roll, lick the middle of the paper, and stick the glue strip to the end of the crease. This will leave an extra tail of paper hanging off.
- Use a pair of scissors to remove the excess paper.
- Use a dab tool or some other packing stick to press the cannabis pieces that are flaring from the tip, into the joint.
How to smoke an inside out joint
The best part about this fancy marijuana roll is that it can be inhaled just like any other typical straight or cone joint. Use a lighter to ignite the tip and take a draw.
Benefits of smoking a back-roll joint
Though many cannabis rolls will offer their own variety of benefits, back roll joints are generally enjoyed most for the following reasons.
Removing additional paper makes it so that the marijuana grind is only hidden behind one thin piece of paper, so you can see many of the colors, the smoke as it travels through it, and the gorgeous resins as the build up inside.
Marijuana rolling papers are made of one of several ingredients, but none of them are healthy to inhale as they burn. Removing excess paper can help to reduce lung irritation, especially in regular consumers.
If you’re lucky, the paper you choose will taste like nothing, but many of the healthier options like rice can influence the flavor and aroma of the cannabis within when it is smoked. Removing the extra materials makes this impact less noticeable, so you can genuinely enjoy the plentiful terpenes that are in the strains you know and love.
Many rolling papers are designed to slow down the burn of a joint or cigarette, but if you have fresh or well-hydrated weed, then this might not be too helpful. Removing the additional paper allows for a smoother, faster, and more consistent burn.