How to make a gravity bong
Homemade bongs have been utilized for hundreds of years by cannabis enthusiasts from all over the world. There is a fun and crafty way of how to make a gravity bong, by utilizing some of the things that you already have at home with a few minor tweaks, and the best part is, you can make a new one each and every time for an exciting and unique experience with different new personalized design.
What is a gravity bong?
A gravity bong is a type of device that is used for smoking marijuana. They can be made or designed using a number of different materials, but most often these bongs consist of either glass or plastic. However, no matter what they are made with, these bongs function off the force of gravity to draw the smoke into a large holding chamber and usually utilize water as a moving agent for the cloud of marijuana.
Since marijuana legalization, there are all kinds of fancy terms being thrown around to describe devices that are known to go by different titles. One of the most common for this type is a bucket bong.
Step by step instructions for creating your own homemade gravity bong
If you want to recreate your own homemade bong, then there a few materials needed before getting started. Luckily, most of the items called for in this DIY project are relatively common to find lying around the house. If you don’t have everything listed here, then feel free to experiment with alternative options, just be sure that the materials can withstand heat exposure whenever necessary, as you don’t want to be breathing in harmful carcinogens when using your favorite bongs.
- 1 2-L pop bottle with lid
- 1 smaller plastic bottle
- Aluminum foil (or bong stem)
- Toothpick (or screen for stem)
- Paper towel
1. Rinse both bottles clean with fresh water.
2. Pat them dry with a paper towel, or they might be slippery to work with.
3. Measure the halfway point of the larger plastic container and cutting from that marked spot with scissors, remove the entire upper portion completely.
4. Place the smaller bottle beside the pre-cut 2L bottle and take a look at the size difference. Ideally, the spout of the tiny bottle should sit just above the rim of the 2 L. If necessary, remove a bit more before continuing.
5. Cut the bottom portion out of the small container and try to keep the edges as flat as possible to avoid a tipping bottle when your bong is in use.
6. Now, it is time to make a bowl for your homemade bong. Take the lid to the smaller container and cut a hole into the center. Sometimes applying a low amount of heat is easier, but if you do choose that method, then be careful not to burn yourself. The hole should be large enough to snugly fit the bong stem or to make a bowl.
7. At this point, you can install your bong stem. If you don’t have one, then aluminum foil can be wrapped around the lid, and slightly indented to form a bowl shape.
8. Install the screen or use a toothpick to poke tiny holes into the aluminum foil.
9. Fill the largest container, which is the base of your gravity bong with water and gently press the smaller one until it is submerged in water.
10. Tightly screw the cap onto the small bottle, and now your homemade bong is ready to go.
How does a gravity bong work?
Gravity bongs use the incredibly powerful force of gravity to pull the water out of the holding chamber. This draws the smoke inside of the container, which empties the water as it is slowly replaced with a bright white cloud. Once the toke is brewed, and the bottle is full and ready, the smoke can be drawn from the mouthpiece, which delivers an intense and potent burst of THC to the user.
How to use a gravity bong
You will need
- Weed grinder
1. Use a weed grinder to grind some of your favorite buds and pack the bowl which is located at the top of the gravity bong.
2. Spark a lighter and hold the flame close enough to ignite the cannabis.
3. Slowly pull up on the middle chamber and watch as it fills with a cloud of smoke.
4. Once the chamber is full, remove the top and inhale the toke.